SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Technical Project Manager to join our team in Sterling, VA. This will be a hybrid-remote role, requiring 1-3 days of on site work in Sterling, VA per week.
- Supporting various DHS efforts and may include: biometric technologies such as facial recognition, RFID enabled documents, optical character recognition, license plate reading technologies, data analytics, Internet-of-Things (IoT), and other border security technologies.
- Manage Agile development activities (specifically Scrum) for one or more projects within the SAFe framework, oversee large requirements gathering tasks with internal stakeholders and the client, identify opportunities for follow-on business that bring additional value to the client (customer success), i.e. follow-on engagement opportunities include additional services engagements, creating change orders when additional work required outside the original contracted scope of the project.
- Use thought leadership and understand the clients future to design and architect solutions using leading edge technologies.
- Become the subject matter expert and drive the product roadmap with the clients
- Experience with Business Blueprints, architectural methods, component-based development, and integration of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) components.
- Reviews project artifacts, solution designs, cost estimates, workload sizings, and project deliverables from members of the agile team.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with third party companies/vendors/subcontractors and presents technology.
- Providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments by proposing relevant solutions.
- Establishing goals, plans and, roadmaps that meet project objectives for quarterly SAFe Program Increments.
- Leading analysis of functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities.
- Leading identification of problems and solutions within existing systems design.
- Leading analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT hardware and software systems.
- Understanding of customer needs and the realities of commercially available IT/hardware products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products.
- Leading client interaction with senior management and government leadership.
- Perform full system analysis from technical implementation to business process management.
- Manage multiple solution offerings with long term vision for system enhancement, consolidation, integration, and operations and maintenance (O&M).
- Provide technical leadership in terms of delivery, release prioritization, and O&M for multiple systems.
- Provide technical input and solution design for proposals and contract modifications.
- Serve as a primary technical interface with client related to program solutions.
- Respond to issues and ensure projects are safe from risks.
- Resolve customer complaints to the full satisfaction of the customer.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field of study is required with a minimum of 9 years of experience (or masters equivalent).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification is a plus.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Public Trust.
- Ability to interface with clients at all levels of their business, to include business operations, financial, technology and management.
- Proven time management skills with a focus on delivery to the customer.
- Ability to exercise good judgement when responding to clients and evaluating priorities with competing objective.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Agile Scrum project management skills.
- Ability to work in team environments across a diverse set of projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience managing or leading an Agile Scrum Team in a SAFe framework.
- Experience managing and leading a remote workforce effectively.
- Technical working knowledge of system integration, network administration, software development, data analysis, or electrical engineering.
- System engineering experience in one or more areas including biometrics, RFID, license plate technologies, mobility, telecommunications concepts.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence, Gitlab, Microsoft Office Products.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.