SAIC is looking for two (2) Technical Writer with Logistics experience to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
NOTE: This is a hybrid telework opportunity.
The candidates will support technical writing support to prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documentation that incorporates information and data from Program Office, customer, end user, project leads, SMEs, and ISEAs.
- Developing high-quality documentation using the maintenance plan with minimal guidance that is coherent and easy to follow, as well as complies with corresponding standard MIL-STD-3001, style guide, and/or directive and meets the customer’s needs. Documentation includes but is not limited to technical manuals, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), user guides, work instructions, and presentations.
- Researching, collecting, analyzing, organizing, and preparing technical information and data for desktop publishing staff to generate drafts.
- Manipulating graphics, charts, diagrams, etc. to be included in documentation.
- Editing and reviewing rough drafts for format, clarity, and adherence to editorial and government specifications.
- Scheduling, attending, and participating in project meetings, as well as validation/verifications.
- Tracking documentation for developing, planning, and scheduling purposes.
- Collaborating with SMEs to ensure technical content is accurate, easy to understand, and consistent.
- Immediately communicating obstacles or issues to leadership.
- Interfacing with desktop publishers, logisticians, multimedia personnel, SMEs/ISEAs, and customer.
- Maintaining records.
REQUIRED EXPEREINCE AND EDUCATION:
- SENIOR LEVEL: Bachelor’s degree and six (6) years of related experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- JUNIOR LEVEL: Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of related experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Proficient in multiple word processing and presentation tools such as Microsoft Word, Arbor Text, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with various MIL-STD-3001 and Maintenance Plans.
- Experience with Adobe products.
- Proficient in desktop publishing with abilities to create and update tables, to manipulate graphics and drawings, and to format/layout text.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively collaborate with a variety of teams and interested parties.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, demonstrating initiative and organization.
- Ability to multitask and work with strict deadlines/timeframes.
- Capable of managing several different tasks from various requestors.
- Capable of understanding, interpreting, and synthesizing engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with ISEAs and SMEs, and other available sources.
- Possess attention to detail and ability to edit documents for technical accuracy.
- Interim Secret clearance required to start with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.