SAIC is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to support our customer within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)) Modernization. The candidate will be providing resource analysis, budget execution, and financial management support. This position is located in Arlington, VA.
- Support Director, Deputy, and Business Financial Manager on all Research, Development, Operations and Maintenance programs for the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE) process, including preparation of R2 exhibits (budget justification documents), assistance with congressional tasks, operational execution of funds, reconciliation of documents, and identifying budget shortfalls
- Develop and maintain organizational financial databases
- Coordinate financial issues, tasks, and requests for senior leader decision and information briefings
- Record program commitments, obligations, and expenditures in accordance with DoD benchmarks and provide quarterly reports
- Assist the Business Financial Manager with contract actions
- Reconcile accounts and resolve discrepancies
- Coordinate and attend financial management meetings, training sessions, database briefings, and software changes or updates
- Participate in budget queries and prepare financial status reports
- Perform budget execution and administration work involving monitoring current year and prior year obligations incurred and the actual expenditures of budgets
- Perform budget formulation work involving preparation of detailed analyses and estimates of funding needs for one or more budget year
- Manage total budget operations in support of the overall operations, programs, and projects of the organization
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience
- Degree in business administration, finance, or accounting
- Active Secret security clearance required
- US citizenship required
- Five years of experience in the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process and the DoD Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Systems (PPBS)
- Knowledge of Program Objective Memorandum (POM), Future Year Defense Plan (FYDP) Defense Guidance, and Joint Strategic Planning Systems
- Knowledge of commonly used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes
- Skilled in gathering, assembling, and analyzing factual information, such as in accounting reports, payroll records, work reports, or inventory and supply data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced skills with MS Office tools particularly MS Excel
- Familiarity with Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) and Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPRs)
- Experience working in DoD or government science and technology organizations
- CDFM, CDFM-A, CGFM or other certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.