SAIC is seeking a Software Systems Engineer to support a newly awarded contract with the United States Marine Corps (USMC) Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) Support team. Work will be performed on-site in North Charleston, SC.
This program’s support to NIWC LANT will include: Research and Development, Test and Evaluation, Prototype Fielding Kit Development, Engineering Documentation Development, Software Engineering, Integration, Training and Sustainment of the following systems Communication Emitter Sensing and Attacking System (CESAS), Tactical SIGINT Collection System (TSCS), and Marine Air Ground Task Force Electronic Warfare Ground Family of Systems (MEGFoS).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specifying, building, maintaining, and supporting the various baselines within specified Programs of Record.
- Integrating software baselines for current systems and future state.
- Technical oversight of the design, development, testing and deployment of the software demonstration.
- Support systems engineering technical reviews. Collaborate with integration and test lead, lab management and information technology infrastructure teams to ensure the availability of requisite power, compute, physical security, safety mechanisms, and environmental conditioning.
- Collaborate with software and hardware teams to understand expected unit level and system level behavior to define test cases and define & develop test capabilities that exercise and stress respective software and hardware capabilities.
- Understanding the latest software and hardware engineering principles and practices, such as methods and challenges of integration.
- Integrating computer programs
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and Fourteen (14) years of experience; four (4) years of additional experience may be considered in lieu of Degree.
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance to begin employment; must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance to maintain employment.
- Twelve (12) years of hands-on experience with supporting signals intelligence operations to include three (3) of the following five(5) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Data Analysis, Test & Evaluation, Training
- Experience with integration and configuration of applications in a Linux, CentOS, RHEL environment
- Ability to load Operating Systems
- Experience in creating and deploying applications
- Kubernetes or other containerization background
- Common Firmware Environment (CFE) experience
- Matlab and RaptorX experience
- Python, Java, and Golang experience
- Candidate must be working towards one of the following certifications within one and a half years after assuming duties:
- Professional Software Engineering Master (PSEM)/Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) or with COR approval complete a vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), RedHat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), CISCO Certified Design Professional (CCDP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP). etc.)
- Systems and/or Software Engineering experience on a government software development contract.
- Experience with software development, installation, and integration activities.
- Experience in requirements management
- Experience in CONOPS / OPSCON development
- Experience in integration, and/or verification and validation
- Experience in technical risk management
- Experience in SE process development and deployment
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.