SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Java Developer Principal to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career.
- The candidate will participate in design, development, and implementation of Java/J2EE based apps to support business requirements/logic.
- Use modern software engineering tools including Eclipse, VS Code, and Atlassian Suites for design, development, and testing of application code.
- Follow life cycle methodologies and develop/test Java/J2EE applications as part of an enterprise team. Working with and mentoring mid-level and junior team members is expected.
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, analysis, research, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Migrating monolithic application code into Spring Boot based microservices.
- The candidate will support designing, building, and deploying microservices. A thorough understanding of CI/CD pipelines for development and deployment of Spring Boot based microservices is expected.
- The candidate will be expected to learn and adhere to the continuous integration, automated unit testing and other AGILE practices established within the team using the tools that are currently used by the team.
- The candidate is expected to diagnose and fix issues in existing application components as part of maintenance.
- The candidate is expected to learn, mentor, and evolve with the team as the team transitions to newer/modern technology stacks
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related engineering field with 9+ years of technical experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS public trust
- Telework with on-site (Kingstowne, VA and/or Ashburn, VA) visits if a mission need
- JEE Server experience (Weblogic\Websphere\JBOSS\etc.)
- Spring, Spring Boot
- Demonstrated expertise with Java, Java Frameworks (Spring, JMS), Object-Oriented Design and development principles; and Java Application Servers such as WebLogic or Apache Tomcat; and relational databases such as Oracle or DB2
- Extensive skills in JPA\Hibernate and strong SQL skills is required for this position
- Knowledge of design patterns (GoF, J2EE)
- Demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration)
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate rigorous Unit testing as part of development activities is essentia
- Spring boot/AWS cloud experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Gitlab/JIRA/Jenkins for CI/CD
- First-hand experience working with large project teams (working with the Federal Government a strong plus)
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to software problems
- Ability to develop and maintain components with stringent performance requirements
- Agile development experience a plus
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.