SAIC is currently seeking a motivated and energetic Reporting Systems Engineer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career.
Installation and configuration of 3rd party reporting software managed by the Enterprise Reporting Services team, both on-prem and in the cloud.
Maintaining security requirements, applying security patches
Manage the user security model across the tools used
Working with development teams to troubleshoot technical issues found
Working with vendors on support tickets
Managing deployment of reporting objects across environments
Developing and maintaining scripts to optimize administrative tasks
Adhere to assigned project schedules with willingness to complete projects within time and budget. Coordinate activities with PM, other team members and developers
Integrating 3rd party tools with existing SSO solutions.
Must be on an on-call schedule and provide 24/7 support
Required Skills and Experience
BS and 9 years related experience
Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Public Trust
Telework with on-site (Kingstowne, VA and/or Ashburn, VA) visits if mission need.
- Extensive experience on Linux / UNIX platforms. 5+ years
- Experience in Docker, building docker files, deploying.
- Experience researching and implementing 3rd party applications.
- Experience configuring, tuning, and troubleshooting 3rd party applications.
- Experience in scripting languages, specifically bash and Python
- Experience in automation pipelines such as Jenkins
- Ability to write and maintain scripting tools for application monitoring, deployment, and upgrades, as well as automating routine tasks.
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL knowledge (basic queries, basic administration).
- Experience in AWS (S3, RDS).
- Experience in version control using Git (committing, branching, merging)
- Demonstrated experience with working in production environment
- Ability to multi-task and provide expertise for multiple infrastructure related efforts across concurrent project tasks.
- Must have worked in global enterprise systems implementation, management reporting systems, or internet related technologies.
- Ability to work with development teams and vendors to resolve infrastructure related issues.
- Understanding of database structure.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of SAML, OID, Kerberos, LDAP and how they work in an SSO solution.
Desired Skills and Experience
Knowledge of DevOps practices
Knowledge of Ansible
Experience in variety of system platforms
Experience in failover and recovery planning, design, and testing.
Knowledge of various flavors of Java
Knowledge of WebLogic, tomcat & webserver a plus.
Experience in using REST APIs
Experience with BI Software is a big plus
Experience with Kubernetes
Experience with PostgresDB administration
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.