SAIC are currently seeking a motivated and energetic Systems Engineer Principal to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career.
- Overall responsibility for supporting and maintaining Exalytics hosting WebLogic application servers and ERS application, and TIMES TEN database used by various application development teams.
- An understanding of Web Servers, Application Servers (WebLogic, Tomcat) and Databases (Oracle preferred and S3) is preferred. The candidate must also have insight to Java application development and architecture
- Should be comfortable with concepts of application architecture/design for performance using vertical and horizontal scaling, JMS, Connection Pools and J2EE Deployments. The candidate should also have Disaster recovery design knowledge.
- Solid work experience in Java/J2EE environments to support and troubleshoot the middle-tier applications is desired.
- Proven skills with Web technologies such as XML and SOAP, and run-time JVM optimization knowledge (multi-host environment).
- Troubleshoot and debug any errors occurring in application server environment, application debugging, heap analysis and error doc gathering preferred (i.e. Thread dump, heap dump). Must be able to analyze and tune Web, App server configurations (plug-in, httpd.conf, etc...)
- Adhere to assigned project schedules with willingness to complete projects within time and budget. Coordinate activities with PM, other team members and developers
- BS and 9 years of overall IT/System Engineering experience
- Extensive experience on Linux / UNIX platforms.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS public trust
- Telework with on-site (Kingstowne, VA and/or Ashburn, VA) visits if mission need.
- Skilled in Docker, building docker files, deploying.
- Experience in AWS (S3, RDS) and researching/implementing 3rd party applications.
- Proficient configuring, tuning, and troubleshooting 3rd party applications.
- Experience in scripting languages like bash, Python, Groovy, Ruby, PHP, Ansible, Jenkins.
- Ability to write and maintain scripting tools for application monitoring, deployment, and upgrades, as well as automating routine tasks.
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL knowledge (basic queries, basic administration).
- Ability to multi-task and provide expertise for multiple infrastructure related efforts across concurrent project tasks.
- Must have worked in global enterprise systems implementation, management reporting systems, or internet related technologies.
- Ability to work with development teams and vendors to resolve infrastructure related issues.
- Knowledge of SAML, OID, Kerberos, LDAP.
- Experience in variety of system platforms
- Experience in failover and recovery planning, design, and testing.
- Knowledge of various flavors of Java
- Knowledge of WebLogic, tomcat & webserver a plus.
- Experience in using REST APIs
- Experience with BI Software is a big plus
- Knowledge of SAML, OID, Kerberos, LDAP
- Knowledge of TimesTen
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.