SAIC has an opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer. This position is located in Pearl City, Hawaii.
- Collaborating with network architects to design and implement functional company networks.
- Installing and configuring networking hardware.
- Creating and implementing network security measures.
- Managing, training, and mentoring junior Network Engineering staff.
- Conducting regular network performance tests and ensures networking maintenance tasks are completed.
- Dealing with escalated network support issues.
- Drawing up network diagrams and status reports.
- Establishes networking environment by engineering, designing, installing, configuring, testing and documenting the equipment/network systems according to the design and specifications of the project plan.
- Leads the performance of day-to-day networking tasks to ensure network reliability, availability and serviceability within minimal interruption.
- Provides technical support, responds to work orders and tickets from the users, analyzes and solves reported network problems.
- Leads in the configuration of firewall security settings to access permissions groups for individuals and sets up provisions for incoming data.
- Leads network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware, software and integration testing, as well as coordinating these activities with minimal disruption of other systems.
- Leads in the development and production of complex documentation for installation, network topology, and troubleshooting of communications hardware or software.
- Maintain and manage the fiber and copper cable inside plant infrastructure.
- Manage the equipment, equipment racks, power, and HVAC for the data center and communication rooms.
- Provide Tech Control services to collocated networks hosted in the data center Node site coordinator to maintain current and order new network circuits.
- Maintain the life cycle requirements for all network hardware, software, and support.
Bachelors and 14+ years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Meet DoDM 8570.2 IAT II or III requirements (CompTIA Security+/CASP, or ISC2 CSSP/CISSP).
- Analytical knowledge of the domain and possess a keen eye for details
- Good interpersonal skills are required to effectively collaborate in the team environment.
- The candidate must possess hard skills including knowledge of networking hardware, computer systems and networking
- Possess previous work experience as a networking engineer within complex environment.
- Ability to operate independently with minimal oversight.
- Familiarity with communication and routing protocols.
- Ability to implement DISA STIGs and DOD vulnerability management toolsets (e.g. Comply to Connect (C2) or ACAS) within networks.
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and the use of PKI to secure network communications and systems.
- Ability to analyze, interpret & recommend solutions for system shortfalls, discrepancies or improvements in security related technologies and access requirements.
Candidates must have an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.