Job ID: 2216646
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an immediate need for a Systems Safety Engineering Supervisor to support the SMAEC II contract at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas. SMAEC II provides comprehensive safety and mission assurance (SMA) services to all active and in-development Human Space Flight (HSF) programs led or supported at Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.
This position is responsible for the supervision of personnel assigned to specific technical teams supporting various human space flight programs and projects. The supervisor, under direction from resource managers, supports and interfaces with task order managers and customers to assure personnel assignment, task performance, and technical accomplishments. In this role the supervisor monitors individual technical performance working with each of their assigned employees to optimize delivery of skills and products in support of customer requirements. Supervisor interactions with employees provide the day-to-day technical direction, mentoring to facilitate task assignment and monitoring.
- Monitor and lead staff performance including regular performance discussions reporting to resource managers and identifying and proposing:
- Identifying and quickly elevating employee performance issues to resource managers, the PM, and Human Resources as required for resolution;
- Communicate and coordinate with the team and report up through SAIC management. Coordinate with all stakeholders to prioritize, schedule, and track all required and requested work
- Ensure on-time delivery of products and services across the SMAEC contract and work proactively to identify and resolve issues
- Directs project team to follow comprehensive communications and stakeholder engagement plans and ensure the employees maintain and demonstrate effective communication within the team, with other contract teams, and with the NASA customers
- Manage resource assignments and workloads, identify staffing needs to resource managers, participate in interviewing and hiring recommendations
- Ensure assigned staff receive required training (including SAIC, NASA, and Contract specific)
Qualifications - External
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
Minimum 5 years Safety and Mission Assurance experience supporting human spaceflight
- Demonstrated capabilities in the following:
- High degree of technical excellence, integrity, and self-initiative.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Power Point, Excel)
National Agency Background Check (NAC)
US Citizenship Required
Certifications / Training:
-- NASA SMA Technical Excellence Program (STEP) courses
Desired Certifications / Training:
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.