SAIC seeks an EPM Financial Consultant to support our team in Reston, VA. This position will be remote. As a member of the EPM Team, they will contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) System used for both planning and reporting. SAIC systems include Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (EPBCS) accessed primarily through Oracle’s Smart View client for Office.
- IT background and understanding of Financial budgeting and forecasting process and cycles for Government Contracting
- Strong knowledge of reporting tools including EPBCS (ASO models), Hyperion, Essbase, MDX required
- Extensive knowledge of application and database administration tasks, specifically Oracle Database Trouble Shooting
- Strong scripting knowledge in planning and Essbase – MaxL commands, Calculation Manager Rules (Groovy) Shared Services, SmartView and Financial Reporting, EPM Automation scripting Calculation Scripts, Report Scripts, Load Rules, Maxl Scripts and Windows batch script
- In depth knowledge in Financial Data Quality Management (FDQM) / Financial Data Management Enterprise Edition (FDMEE) for integration requirement
- Hands on experience in requirement gathering and end to end implementation of Oracle Enterprise Planning & Budgeting
- Thorough knowledge and independent preparation of project documentations including Requirement gathering, Solution Design document, UAT scripts, training material preparations
- Preferred Technical Skills EDMCS and ODI
- Sound understanding in Basic Accounting & Financial consolidation process
- In-depth understanding of Planning & Budgeting process of an Organization and map with Oracle Solution
- Integral member of the business process reengineering team for the continuous development and enhancement of the system to support direct and indirect annual planning/rolling forecast models using Hyperion EPM.
- Oversight of the financial reporting systems that support Corporate and Operational planning, reporting and analysis.
- Governance of the approach for maintaining the system reporting structures including reporting hierarchies and dimension members that support new or updated metrics for reporting.
- Analyze and prepare details to support the development team in accommodating significant business events with system implications such as reorganizations, acquisitions and like events.
- Support EPM user community with Oracle Smart View and Oracle Web forms and use of these tools within the context of business processes and SAIC norms.
- Work with interested parties to ensure that technical efforts meet the functional requirements of the company.
- Maintain the roadmap for future EPM implementations and development.
- Provide regular status updates to stakeholders and the user community regarding system related efforts and disposition of requests for new features or enhancements.
- Ensure that system development is aligned to the planning and reporting calendar and adequately supports the business requirements.
- Other advocacy and outreach activities to ensure that the system continues to support the evolving business.
- Manage internal projects to standardize business intelligence and reporting solutions for the SAIC environment.
- Support the FP&A group to reengineer/develop reports and analyses relating to the monthly close and quarterly reporting requirements.
- Proficiency with various reporting tools including, EPM Financial/Narrative Reporting and Oracle Smart View for Office against EPM.
- Ability to communicate complex technology solutions to diverse teams namely, technical, business and management team
- Coordinate the implementation and provide recurring and rollout training of existing and new system processes and functionality to the user community.
- Research and substantiate actionable bug and issue reports for inclusion in the system backlog
Deliverables: Monthly/Semi-Annual, Annual
- Annually/Quarterly – Preparation for planning/forecasting and ensuring model readiness for business processes. AOP, FPRP and Target Forecasts
- Additional reporting requirements as needed.
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. Will consider additional years of experience in leui of a degree.
- US Citizenship required
- Gone through two end to end cycles of system implementation
- Experience with Government Contract Accounting, FAR & CAS regulations and concepts, required.
- Understanding of planning/forecast government contracting business processes
- Extensive experience with various reporting tools including EPBCS (ASO models), Hyperion, Essbase, Groovy scripting, MDX required.
- Strong understanding of Financial Statements (P/L, B/S, C/F).
- Knowledge of the SAIC Costpoint environment and general ledger account and org structure.
- Team player and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.