JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking an experienced program control/budget analyst to independently oversee and manage the budget and provide financial management of ongoing projects and portfolios in support of the NRO Budget Director, site senior leadership, and the NRO mission. In this role, you will regularly interface with technical planners, contract administrators, and multiple levels of government leaders and decision makers to facilitate understanding of the budget and resource requirements, and brief the status of project execution and requirements to the Budget Director and other senior leaders. The ideal candidate will be able to analyze large and complex data; apply critical problem-solving skills and proactively develop creative solutions; and effectively communicate budgetary issues, strategies, and recommendations to customers and stakeholders.
- Perform detailed and complex analyses of contract and non-contract budgetary and financial requirements and trends, balancing requirements against the budget; and properly planning and analyzing the budget requirements’ execution using robust budget and financial management systems and tools.
- Participate in establishing and defining program plan requirements; develop budgets and spend plans; and monitor and report performance against plans to meet contractual, cost and schedule objectives and requirements.
- Exhibit detailed understanding of the project’s budget execution and status and be prepared to brief the execution status to leadership and/or support senior leadership briefings through the creation of budget summaries, charts, memoranda, issue papers and talking points.
- Collaborate with Contracting Officer Technical Representatives/CLIN managers to accurately fund government contracts and recommend options to fund high-priority mission essential projects.
- Identify and convey resource trade- offs within and among competing programs and propose resource realignments or other solutions to the Budget Director and site leadership to maintain program execution or to respond to unplanned circumstances.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and works with technical planners and contract managers to apply critical problem solving skills on complex issues.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and use of corporate resource information repositories, databases, decision support tools, strategies, processes, procedures and reports to ensure accurate financial reporting and management oversight in support of program initiatives.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls to minimize data inaccuracy and/or unauthorized use of NRO funds.
- Consolidate and review program level unfunded requirements, recommending changes and prioritization to senior management.
- Review final program level Tri-Annual Unliquidated Obligation review inputs and documentation for completeness prior to submission.
- Clearance to be able to remain on the program: TS/SCI with CI Polygraph.
- Complete understanding and wide application of federal and agency-specific principles, concepts, practices, and standards, to include an understanding of the Federal Appropriations Law.
- Experience with NRO financial systems and tools or comparable systems with robust functional application and complex interfaces
- Ability to learn and proficiently utilize multiple financial systems and tools to properly account for budget plans, requirements, transfers, and to complete any transaction necessary to facilitate budget execution.
- Ability to work in a dynamic budget environment which requires balancing competing priorities and critical schedules.
- Critical thinking and ability to work well with a wide variety of customers requesting financial data.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; or Master and eight (8) years or more of related experience.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.