SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
SAIC’s National Intelligence Community (NIC) Business Unit, USG Mission and Information Technology Division is seeking a Systems Engineer who will be responsible for developing, engineering, and deploying technical solutions within a dedicated network. This individual will work within a small, mission focused team of network and systems engineers to implement technical solutions to challenging collaboration and data protection problems. This role performs the following core functions:
- Develop / Test / Scale / Deploy / Maintain technology solutions
- Build solutions with a focus on information security principals
- Work extensively with Microsoft technologies and virtualization platforms
- Monitor networks
- Active TS/SCI clearance with full scope polygraph with most recent BI/Polygraph dates within the last five years; or the ability to successfully complete required security processing to meet this requirement
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the areas of Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems (or comparable documented work experience)
- Knowledge of, and hands on experience with modern server operating systems and virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of, and hands on experience with Virtual Desktop technologies
- Knowledge of, and hands on experience with Cloud platforms
- Knowledge of, and hands on experience with collaboration and ticketing tools
- Knowledge of high availability technologies and concepts
- Knowledge and hands on experience with networking and network security technologies
- Experience with managing engineering projects (i.e., design, build, deploy)
- Knowledge and hands on experience with scripting languages such as, Bash, Powershell, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of, and hands on experience implementing IT and Cyber Security best practices
- Ability to assess emerging technologies, determine their impact on corporate systems and incorporate them into technical plans
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations, determine course of action and act promptly and effectively when problems arise
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to travel on an infrequent, but as needed basis, primarily CONUS
- Experience building, deploying, maintaining, Windows and RedHat/CentOS servers
- Experience building, deploying, maintaining, Citrix VDI Desktops
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Microsoft Azure, and Azure Stack Hub
- Experience building, deploying, maintaining, Atlassian products such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience building, deploying, maintaining, Microsoft Exchange
- Experience building, deploying, maintaining clusters, load balancers, multi-datacenter applications
- Experience with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Experience designing, building, deploying, and maintaining sensitive networks
- Experience with Enterprise database platforms such as MS SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Experience with One Way Transfer Solutions and data flow management
- Knowledge of SIEM and security analytical technologies (e.g. Splunk, pcap, Netflow, etc)
- Experience with Active Directory and identity management
- Experience with hyper-converged infrastructure such as Cisco HX, Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct
- Knowledge of DevOps/DevSecOps methodologies and tools
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.