Job ID: 2216524
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2022
Category: Quality Assurance
Subcategory: Qual Assurance
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 25,000+ employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in Reston, Va.
We are looking for an experienced FAA air traffic control specialist to join the SAIC Controller Training Solutions (CTS) Team providing Quality Assurance services to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The FAA utilizes contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met. The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers. SAIC has contracted with the FAA to provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities. The selected candidate will support our quality assurance/control activities to ensure the successful completion of these contract requirements.
- Define, implement, and administer Quality Control standards for service delivery to ensure compliance with contract requirements and FAA controller training policy and procedures.
- Understand and implement SAIC Quality Assurance policies, standards, and procedures.
- Lead and/or participate in on-site quality audits of contract delivered training, and training support services.
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate quality and performance measurements to identify negative trends and potential process improvements opportunities.
- Train program personnel in the use of the quality assurance tools.
- Identify non- conforming products/services, and coordinate corrective and preventative actions.
- Produce and maintain quality documents and reports as required.
- Maintain quality metrics and records on the CTS Management Database.
- Verify conformance with standards, requirements, and contractual specifications through product reviews and process audits.
- Ensure that configuration control and corrective action processes are in place and functioning properly.
This is a remote position
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experienced as former FAA Certified Professional Controller, with at least 15 years of controller experience in En Route and/or Terminal operations; some of which must have occurred within the last five years.
- At least one year of FAA Staff Specialist experience in Air Traffic QA/QC and Training.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Experience and expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
Certified Professional Controller (CPC) certification required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in both FAA En Route and Terminal operations.
- Experience at FAA Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center.
- Familiarity with FAA Order 3120.4R, emphasis on Appendices B, D, and E.
- Familiarity with FAA Training Record, 3120-1 and related tools; TRAX, NTD, TEAM, eLMS, CEDAR.
- Familiarity with FAA 7210.633 Air Traffic Organization Quality Assurance Program.
- Strong technical writing skills.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.