SAIC is seeking a Configuration Management Manager to provide management oversite for the configuration management team.
This is a HYBRID remote role, candidates must be willing/able to go into the office (located in San Diego, CA) once (1x) a week.
- The manager will compose and manage the Configuration Management Plan (CMP).
- Review the effectiveness and efficiency of processes, perform audits, and manage the process improvement cycle.
- The candidate will work closely with the government Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), government technical leadership, Project Management Office (PMO) and SAIC operational leadership.
- The PM duties will include managing all aspects of the project performance from initiation to closeout; business relationship management, meeting technical, schedule and financial requirements; subcontractor oversight; and serve as a direct liaison between the SAIC technical team and customer.
- The PM will serve as direct supervisor for the CM Team, duties include onboarding, off boarding, task order and budget management, approve timecards, address personnel issue and performance.
- The Project Manager is expected to champion the implementation of service management best practices and foster an environment of consistent execution and continual improvement.
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience leading and managing a CM team.
- Implementing configuration management (CM) processes.
- Pertaining to Configuration Control Board matters to include scheduling meetings and developing agendas, recording and distributing meeting minutes and action items, and entering board-related data into designated databases.
- Produce and issue management reports from Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Assisting in the maintenance and development of CM policy and procedures to ensure that all projects maintain the integrity of complex software, hardware and documentation throughout the project life-cycle.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Knowledge of government contracts process (task orders, CDRLs, etc.).
- Minimum Interim Secret required, Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Note that years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Certifications: Configuration Management II (CMII)
- ITILv4 Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.