SAIC is seeking a Project Planner/ Cost Estimator to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
NOTE: This is a hybrid remote position for candidates local to Crane, IN. Once candidates have completed their initial training (approximately three weeks) they are required to be on site approximately 3 days a week.
Provide facilities planning scopes of work and cost estimating for the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), Crane Division, and Facilities Branch, for a physical portfolio encompassing over 300 facility assets totaling over 3 million square feet.
- Collect and develop tactical facilities project requirements and translating these facility requirements into project scopes, conceptual designs, cost estimates using parametric costing tools, and project schedules.
- Develop floor plans and site plans using computer aided-design (CAD) software.
- Ensure project packages are completed and delivered to the customer on time.
- Responsible for managing a project through development, design, acquisition, and execution.
- Communicating with all stakeholders and US Government customer regarding new and current project status.
- Attend meetings with all stakeholders to collect and provide complete thorough project information.
- Maintain cost estimating tools including databases, spreadsheets, and other computer-based applications to keep updated information on past performance and industry standards.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Other tasks include interacting with a multi-disciplined technical government customer base, development of planning and budgeting documents, and preparing computer generated presentations. Develop office and/ or laboratory floor plans, layouts, and system furniture designs for a given facility Project requirement.
- Provide facility planning support for surge tasking, including data collection, analysis, and reporting for space allocation, real property, facility planning, Basic Facility Requirements (BFRs), Form 1391 development, military construction (MILCON) planning, and related tasking.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and zero (0) years’ experience. (Industrial/Civil Construction Management Degree preferred).
- Ten (10) years professional experience in a combination of industry related experience in the construction field and other related work.
- Background in construction management or similar field with experience planning project scopes, cost estimating, renovation and commercial construction.
- Comprehensive understanding of the construction estimating process to include a strong background in the construction industry to include commercial experience associated with the following: architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing background.
- Be proficient in using computer software to develop project scopes, estimates, schedules, and schematics, such as Primavera, AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Project, and MS Visio is preferred.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DOD Secret Security Clearance. Active Secret Clearance preferred. Interim Secret clearance required to start. SAIC will sponsor.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.