Job ID: 2216278
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 4, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a motivated, goal oriented, results driven Senior Scrum Master to join our team supporting the Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Enterprise Management solution on the USSF Kobayashi Maru DevSecOps platform.
We are seeking a Senior Scrum Master to oversee software development team of about 15 developers and DevOps engineer. In this position, you will use the Agile development approach to keep our teams on task. Your job is to schedule each sprint and make sure they have everything they need to get the job done. You will also be instrumental in leading road-mapping activities to plan out feature rollouts. You are also the liaison between the team, management, and the Government, some of whom are not familiar with Agile processes. Applicants should have a bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology and some experience in a business analyst role or with the Agile frameworks including Scrum and Kanban. You must be comfortable using Jira for tracking and planning purposes.
The Kobayashi Maru program provides capabilities that bring critical services to our warfighters to facilitate timely, quality battlespace decisions. The program provides infrastructure and enterprise services, as well as develops mission applications to enable responsive, resilient operational-level capabilities for the space operations centers. Employing an agile-based Rapid Delivery Framework fosters a collaborative and integrated environment for the community to work together to deliver capabilities efficiently and effectively.
SAIC provides leading edge Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) services to help the Space Force’s Space System Center (SSC) develop and acquire communications satellites, terminals, and control stations. These are essential for global secure, survivable, and protected communications for national security. We seek technical individuals who will thrive in a highly collaborative work environment of small teams, developing apps that help ensure complex space and ground communications system satisfy user requirements.
• Schedule a series of sprints for the teams (more than one)
• Lead ceremonies including daily standups, demos, planning sessions and retros
• Engage with engineering sub-teams (front-end, back-end, system engineering, toolchain, etc) to groom stories in the backlog so they are “shovel ready”
• Coordinate with the product owner and upper management to develop a timeline
• Report progress via Jira, and capture/analyze relevant metrics such as velocity
• Work with stakeholders to develop long term roadmaps
• Propose team reorganizations and process updates to optimize velocity and productivity
• Support requirements and prioritization meetings with program office and end-users
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field, such as engineering and computer science
• Demonstrated project management within an agile environment
• Proficiency with Jira and DevOps
• Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• 5+ years’ experience on an agile software team
• 2+ years’ experience as a Scrum Master of an agile team of 10 or more people
• 1+ years’ experience with DoD software development
• US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required to be considered for this position.
• Familiarity with a US Government DevSecOps platform (Kobayashi Maru, Platform One, etc.)
• Familiarity with aspects of SATCOM, including EMI (Electromagnetic Interference), Planning, and communication systems’ operation
• DoD Secret or higher security clearance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.