SAIC is seeking an Engineer with technical experience to join the Position Navigation and Timing (PNT) Enterprise Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) Navigation Warfare (NAVWAR) team. The PNT Enterprise SE&I Team provides engineering, technical analysis and subject matter expertise (SME) support for the Global Positioning System (GPS) supporting the Space Systems Command. The NAVWAR team provides systems engineering and analysis services to include system development, enterprise and system architecture, acquisition, testing, operations and sustainment support for existing and new capabilities. As a member of our GPS SE&I team, you’ll work in a high-paced environment with Govt personnel and system developers to ensure GPS remains the gold standard for position, navigation and timing. Major duties of this position include:
- Interfacing with the GPS NAVWAR Team and responsible for interfacing with all three segments of GPS (Space, Control, and User) Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) and/or external agencies by providing technical expertise and systems integration for enterprise key management, GPS Mission Planning and scheduling, and Selective Availability Anti-Spoofing Module (SAASM) and M-code system level integration
- Authoring and reviewing the technical requirements on all aspects pertaining to GPS NAVWAR, including reviews of contractor documentation, development of interface control and system level documentation, and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for SAASM and M-code system level capabilities
- Providing technical support for the SAASM Mission Planning System (SMPS) program, GPS Control Segment Sustainment Programs, and the Modernized GPS Space, Control, and User Segment Programs. Duties will include support for acquisition activities/milestones, technical evaluations, design reviews for software and hardware, and contractor/government testing
- Providing technical support to the GPS Cryptography team by interfacing with government, government contractors, external agencies on topic including GPS key generation, key validation, test data material generation and distribution, and supporting system level test planning, test execution, and test reporting
- Developing and updating software to support NAVWAR activities
- Tracing GPS NAVWAR requirements through the technical baseline
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, or Science
- Must have an active Secret clearance to be considered for this position
- 4+ years of overall experience
- Demonstrated understanding of System Engineering practices, techniques, and procedures
- Demonstrated experience working with or for the government on a government Space systems program
- Demonstrated experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
- Demonstrated experience with developing or evaluating software
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and works well in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, specifically attention to detail
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Current active Top Secret Clearance
- GPS experience is highly desired
- Experience and familiarity working with DoD acquisition organizations
- Experience working specifically on a Systems Engineering and Integration contract.
- Experience analyzing and resolving proposed technical changes to technical baseline (i.e., interface documents, specifications documents, architecture products) using sound systems engineering discipline
- Experience and familiarity working with cryptography and cryptographic systems
- Experience and familiarity with reviewing and editing Government documents
- Experience with developing or evaluating software in C/C++
- Experience with creating test plan, test execution, and test reporting
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.