SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Position Navigation and Timing (PNT) Enterprise Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) Systems Engineering team. The PNT Enterprise SE&I Team provides engineering, technical analysis and subject matter expertise (SME) support for the Global Positioning System (GPS) supporting the Space Systems Command. The Capabilities team provides systems engineering and analysis services to include system development, enterprise and system architecture, acquisition, testing, operations and sustainment support for existing and new capabilities. As a member of our GPS SE&I team, you’ll work in a high-paced environment with Govt personnel and system developers to ensure GPS remains the gold standard for position, navigation and timing. Major duties of this position include:
- Support the GPS Enterprise by helping document capabilities, requirements, architectures, concepts, designs and technologies in relation to current GP architectures and developments
- Actively participate as a Subject Matter Expert in the GPS requirements process, Technical Baseline Change Manage Process (TBCMP), to include requirements development, and helping responsible engineers with Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs) and Adjudication Working Groups (AWG).
- Support SE&I team in performing GPS Systems Integration tasks as defined in documents like the Enterprise Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) and Enterprise Test and Evaluation Master Plan (E-TEMP)
- Interact with the Systems Engineering government team, other program government leads, external organizations (e.g. FAA, DOT) and prime contractors to ensure that system requirements and interfaces are consistent and valid across the GPS Enterprise
- Support the SE&I Capabilities team by helping coordination of integration issues across the multiple Capability Integrated Product Team (IPTs), maintaining the PNT Capability Area requirements from Capabilities Development Documents (CDDs) and the Initial Operational Capability (IOC)/Full Operational Capability (FOC) Plans, and the configuration of the definitions and criteria for the capability increments.
- Conduct analysis of warfighting constructs, emerging requirements, and enabling technologies to recommend most viable strategic and technology vectors for increased GP resiliency, survivability, autonomy and cybersecurity
- Manage and maintain the traceability within the GPS Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) database between requirements and capabilities.
- Evaluate prime contractors plans, schedules, and requirements baselines in order to identify disconnects between programs of record
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Math, or Science
- Must have an active Secret clearance to be considered for this position
- Must be a US Citizen
- 15+ years of overall experience
- Demonstrated understanding of System Engineering practices, techniques, and procedures
- Demonstrated experience working with or for the government on a government Space systems program
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and works well in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, specifically attention to detail
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Current active Top Secret Clearance
- GPS experience is highly desired
- Experience and familiarity working with DoD acquisition organizations
- Experience working specifically on a Systems Engineering and Integration contract.
- Experience and familiarity working with Space Systems Command
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.