SAIC has a need for hands on Cybersecurity Azure Disaster Recovery specialist. At a high level, the resource will review applications and priorities and current DR status and practices. The resource will identify any immediate gaps and needs and will recommend long-term strategy, outcomes, and best practices, in particular the best options for resiliency in Azure.
Provide leadership for Disaster Recovery (DR) efforts related to Azure
- Develop DR Strategy for using Azure
- Provide analysis of our DR position and actions
- Architect, implement, manage, and document IT Disaster Recovery Plans, Risk Assessment, and Emergency Management procedures
- Design, develop, and coordinate multi-site, expandable workload migration and system recovery exercises that can apply across all locations
- Drive validation of our DR programs, incorporating any identified weaknesses or points of failure into the continuous enhancement of our DR planning and testing practices
- Manage program/project constraints of cost, time, and scope
- Provide knowledge transfer
- Bachelor's degree and two (2) years’ experience in Cybersecurity Disaster Recovery implementation
- Experience in Azure hosting and disaster recovery, including migrations, cost analysis, and DR strategic planning.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery Strategic Planning and implementation in government
- CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional) ISC2 Certified
- Solid understanding of NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
- Excellent technical documentation and communication skills with the ability to articulate business requirements into new technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of application (ex; Java, .Net, HTML5) and infrastructure (servers, storage, network, cloud, container) technologies, and the techniques and methods available to recover in the event of a disaster
- Solid understanding of technology landscape as it relates to disaster recovery including operating systems, server management, information security, networking, application development, storage and backup, virtualization and/or cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud with a preference for knowledge of Azure)
- Experience developing disaster recovery plans related to:
- Oracle (RAC and Enterprise DB) and SQL Server databases
- SAP HANA
- Ability to direct & manage DR program/project development from beginning to end
- Ability to estimate DR program/project resource requirements and participants needed to achieve goals including changes where necessary
- Ability to manage changes in DR program/project scope, identify potential crises or issues, and devise contingency plans as appropriate
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOI Public Trust clearance
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.