SAIC is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program.
NOTE: This is a remote / virtual / work from home position and can be accomplished from anywhere in CONUS.
The well qualified candidate will possess and apply comprehensive knowledge regarding the engineering and implementation of network transport solutions. The candidate must be capable of planning and leading the testing, implementation, and maintenance of networking (LAN/WAN) technologies and devices. The candidate must be capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes affecting network transport configuration/implementation. This position will be 100% remote.
- Provide technical architectural design, and administrative direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development and implementation for complex systems within the network infrastructure.
- Evaluate, review and if appropriate, implement recommendations for improvements to existing network procedures and documentation for efficient and cost-effective delivery of network service.
- Recommend, plan, and execute configuration change(s) as required for operational requirements for the network routers, switches, firewalls, and appliances.
- Assist in development of system alerts for monitoring of services within the USACE supported network and the associated hardware systems.
- Perform functional checks, troubleshooting, operational and administration tasks on managed network and network security infrastructure supporting hosted services or transport to customers and external providers.
- Coordinate relevant support and troubleshooting activities with department partners and vendors. This will include coordination with both private sector vendors and other Government agencies.
- Delivery of project work, while ensuring industry standards and methodologies are being followed.
- Perform technical evaluation and analysis to troubleshoot infrastructure hardware, software, or end user services using appropriate diagnostic tools, log review, and administrative consoles to determine root cause and remediation of service delivery issues or degradation.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a computer science/computer engineering related discipline and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD or JD and 0 years or more experience
- 5+ years IT security/network engineering support experience (Engineering, Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
- Solid understanding and analysis of network flows and OSI model
- Experience implementing large enterprise/global network solutions
- Experience in BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GRE, DMVPN, IPSEC, MACSEC, Multicast, Unicast
- Experience with Cisco network platforms: routers, switches, VPN concentrators, network management (ISR/ASR)
- Experience with Cisco Nexus switches (2K/5K/7K/9K) in NXOS and ACI environment to support a SDN data center, including APIC controllers and Cisco Catalyst switches including the following series: 3850, 6500, 6800, 9300, 9400, 9500, and 9600
- Technical writing and documentation/diagram skills
- DoD 8570 IAT III compliance (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP)
- Active Cisco CCNA or higher
- Must hold active Secret clearance.
- Active Cisco CCNP
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies
- Experience with Cloud technologies, Microsoft Azure/Amazon Web Services
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.