SAIC is seeking a Model Based Systems Engineer to provide System Engineering, Integration and Testing to support the D5LE2 Weapons System Program in Crane, IN.
NOTE: This is a hybrid remote position requiring candidates to go on site in Crane, IN approximately two (2) days a week.
The Individual chosen for this position will have demonstrable experience in System Requirements decomposition, System level test and verification, System level Interface Management, and development and delivery of a Descriptive Systems Model using SysML.
- Assist a dedicated team of System Engineers to execute NSWC Crane's engineering strategy supporting the Navy. Direct support includes developing system level plans, procedures, and processes. The position includes collaborative development of a System Descriptive Model and integrating a host of related digital engineering tools and capabilities. Modeling architectural decisions based on trade studies results is anticipated in this project. This position requires collaboration with counterparts from several of the Strategic Systems Program offices as well as Technical Branches and prime contractors, and other systems engineers to incorporate future models.
- Provide support in Weapon System Program with system level requirements management, model curation, and change management services.
- Support modeling system level requirements, Use Cases, System level interfaces, and capturing the results of the Trade Studies necessary to meet initial program milestones including System Concept Review and System Requirement Review.
- Development assistance with model integration concepts and process documentation that enable project development synchronization among all participants. The primary objective of this statement is to achieve appropriate configuration management and model management necessary to support project objectives and achieve longer term milestones including system Preliminary Design Review and Critical Design Review.
- Demonstrate practical lifecycle systems engineering experience which includes stakeholder needs definition, system requirements definition and management; system architecture, analysis and design; integration, test, and verification; and performance of system level test cases.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop engineering documentation (e.g., Data/Information Management Plan, Documentation and Model Configuration Management Plan, System Test and Verification Plan, etc.)
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals and schedule to meet those objectives.
- May oversee the implementation of program approved guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
- Collaborates routinely to accomplish assignments, including modeling, and will mentor appropriately to raise the team's technical ability where necessary.
- Must be comfortable with receiving detailed instructions for new projects or assignments and structuring work objectives to meet schedule requirements.
- Follows established procedures.
- Work will be reviewed by internal team for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy prior to being submitted to program level evaluation or implementation.
- Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure objectives are met.
- Exercises sound personal judgment to determine appropriate action.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Primarily responsible for internal team focused project interactions. Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Support Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) as needed.
- Help develop and ensure system requirements validation and verification methods are captured and implemented.
- Support leadership in use-case development processes.
- Support technical reviews of system engineering products and models.
- Support technical review and assessment of technologies, concepts and systems.
- Advise on issues of feasibility and applicability of relevant new technologies.
- Analyze alternatives to optimize performance and improve understanding of systems architecture modeling and capability development.
- Prepare deliverables that include data collection, gap analyses, utilization analyses, statistical and forecasting analyses, presentations, written reports and recommendations.
- Provide technical support to acquisition and programmatic processes where appropriate.
- Use MBSE to effectively communicate system development objectives to Program Office and other modeling and simulation stakeholders.
- Develop documents and briefings to clearly communicate work or study status that are used to brief government and industry as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years or more experience; Master’s Degree and three (3) years or more experience; PhD or JD and 0 years or more experience or equivalent experience in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related Engineering Technical Discipline (Missile Systems, Rocketry, Ballistic Systems, Aerospace Systems - ACAT Defense Acquisition Program experience preferred).
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) and Model-Based System Engineering Tools (e.g. MagicDraw/Cameo, Sparx Enterprise Architect (EA), IBM Rational Rhapsody,) and processes.
- Ability to provide technical and programmatic direction on the development, integration and use of MBE and MBSE models.
- CAD modeling, MATLAB, Java, C++, SysML, ANSYS, LabVIEW, Microsoft Office, General Mission Analysis Tool (GMAT), MagicDraw/Cameo Full Suite, Phoenix Integration Model Center, Simulink, VTL scripting, Doc Gen, validation tool scripting for Cameo, View and Viewpoint diagram usage.
- Have a solid understanding of MBSE and SysML to effectively communicate system structure, behavior, and requirements and performance.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a Full DOD Secret Security Clearance.
- Understanding of military weapons systems development and operations.
- Experience in WindChill is a plus.
- Prior DOD experience supporting OSD, Navy, or Air Force Programs.
- Experience supporting Advanced Technology development/transition activities.
- Solid understanding of DoD Systems Engineering Process and Requirements.
- Experience with Requirements Decomposition and requirements analysis.
- Experience with, and understanding of, system modeling and analysis.
- Experience implementing systems engineering plans using MBSE processes.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and coordination skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Target salary range: $85,001 - $95,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.