SAIC is seeking an Environemtnal Analyst located in Fallon, NV.
- Support environmental planning documentation for training activities. Monitor and track implementation of environmental requirements associated with range/OPAREA activities to ensure environmental requirements are identified to support evolving and emerging required range capabilities, which includes monitoring environmental assessment and permit compliance thresholds in DCAST and maintaining Terrestrial Mitigation Tool.
- Support identifying emerging environmental / encroachment challenges on fleet training mission. Support regional encroachment management team in addressing issues impacting fleet training or which can affect mission readiness.
- Participate in oversight of fleet range sustainment programs.
- Support data collection for range sustainment projects such as environmental planning (EIS/OEIS), RCMPs, RCAs, marine mammal reporting, which includes monitoring data in DCAST.
- Interface between charged command, PACFLT environmental and range staff, USN region, and REC; local range management and scheduling authorities; user communities; and service providers.
- Support development and review of other fleet range sustainment projects, such as range condition assessment (RCA) updates, environmental compliance and planning documents.
- Other duties as designated in support of environmental training operations.
- Work closely with PACFLT N7 Environmental / Encroachment Leads.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in engineering, physical science, environmental (or related field) and 6 years relevant experience.
- Staff experience in USN Fleet training, operational planning and exercise implementation.
- Experience in airspace management policy, oceanic and special use airspace, and range management.
- Experience in encroachment, environmental and other range sustainment issues that can affect mission readiness.
- Experience coordinating with other DoD commands and services.
- Knowledge of the regulations of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Executive Order 12114 (Environmental Effects Abroad of Major Federal Actions), the Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) and the Endangered Species Act (ESA).
- Must have the ability to obtain an Interim Secret to start with the ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.