Job ID: 2216062
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: Dec 15, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
The qualified applicant will support the Space Warfighting Analysis Center’s (SWAC) Force Design Integration Office (FDIO) in Colorado Springs, CO, with anticipated travel in support of the SWAC’s priorities. The Force Design Space Capability and Integration applicant will integrate strategic guidance, operational scenarios, and SWAC-wide analysis into a cohesive Force Design at multiple classification levels. The qualified candidate will support USSF decisions for resourcing, policy development, and operational planning. The applicant must have a technical depth and breadth of all space capabilities, an understanding of industry capabilities and best practices, and must be capable of translating USSF capabilities into the joint context to allow for joint integration. The applicant should be able to understand complex analysis to create a cohesive, integrated Force Design at multiple classification levels on a recurring basis.
- STEM Bachelor's Degree (STEM Master's Degree desired), must have a min. of 12 years of technical experience
- Must be a US Citizen
-TS/ SCI and Special Access eligibility required
- Strong technical background
- 10+ years space operations or space acquisition experience
- Experience with space design and/or architecture development
- Experience with DoD, IC and Commercial Satellite systems in SCI/SAP environment; experience with tactical ground satellite systems
- 4+ years Joint Operational Planning / Joint Integration Experience (desired)
- 5 years of Commercial Space Advanced Development (desired)
- SAASS or Space Weapons School Graduate (desired)
- Ability to quickly create decision quality materials for senior leaders
- Understanding complex technical issues and produce recommendations for a wide audience
- Applying critical thinking in complex and dynamic organizational environments
- Having strong communication skills (technical writing, developing presentations, etc)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.