SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer to work on complex projects crucial to our national security objectives. He/she will provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to assist the government implement and execute systems engineering processes to integrate capabilities into the operational baseline at a customer facility in Aurora, CO. Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required. Compensation estimate is $100,000 to $125,000.
- Support Chief Engineer and Systems Engineering and Integration Office (SEIO) leadership in executing systems engineering activities across site
- Analyze and document site system architecture and impacts associated with system updates/deliveries
- Collaborate with Headquarters Directorates, site organizations, and mission partners to ensure understanding of project requirements and risks (cost, schedule, technical)
- Plan and evaluate budget recommendations to include risk assessments; research, prepare, coordinate, and advocate for specific unfunded requirements
- Document, develop and deliver analysis, recommendations, plans, reports/briefings to the Government
- Must be a US Citizen
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) field required (contractual requirement)
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more relevant experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience
- Knowledge of customer’s space and ground domain mission and technical capabilities
- Demonstrated experience with government customer’s systems engineering, mission readiness, and project management processes; familiar with site mission and ground systems integration processes
- Understanding of systems development life cycle from concept, requirements, engineering design, integration and test, deployment, maintenance, through decommissioning
- Experience in requirements definition, system architectures, systems analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification
- Polished communicator and proven collaborator; demonstrated ability to coordinate across all levels of government to ensure contracts effectively deliver required services and capabilities
- Self-starter, with ability to proactively address customer requirements with no supervision
- Demonstrated expert at defining solutions for broad, abstract topics
- Familiar with model-based systems engineering and digital engineering concepts and tools; Agile development methodology, cloud technologies
- Experience in initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and controlling DoD or Intelligence Community projects or Programs
- Experience in architecture management; baseline audit and verification
- Systems engineering background with significant space and ground domain knowledge in customer mission technical capabilities and performance
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.