Job ID: 2215836
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 28, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation.
SAIC is seeking motivated, creative, detail-oriented, and experienced Senior IT Systems Engineer to join our energetic and versatile team in Alexandria, VA responsible for providing infrastructure compute services support for an important government customer.
- Support a 24 x 7 environment, providing on-call support as needed, with a high degree of responsiveness and sound trouble-shooting methodologies
- Provide production & non-production middleware support for multiple business critical applications.
- Working with application developers to fully utilize built in product functionalities.
- Hands on Experience working with installation, configuration, scripting, troubleshooting of Middleware OpenSource technology stack including but not limited to JBOSS EAP, WildFly, Apache HTTPD, JWS, Tomcat, JBOSS AMQ, Springboot, FUSE, Script Server, Solr, Zookeeper.
- Comfort working with CICD pipelines, automated environments, PaaS. Ability to grasp quickly and work independently, troubleshoot issue without support from Team Lead’s.
- Extremely proficient with Linux/Unix Environments and troubleshooting tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics.
- Must have Agile Mindset for Infrastructure teams, proficiency with Agile Product Teams, Change Request process using tools such as Rally and ServiceNow.
- In-depth knowledge of HA (Blue/Green) & DR/COOP architectures.
- Experience with middleware automation is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Broad understanding of Security protocols including HTTPS, SSL, SSO.
- Load balancing (F5), Experience with Docker and related tools a plus (Kubernetes)
- Develop scripts that support automation, innovation, and security initiatives
- Monitoring tools and deployment automation development
- Diagnose complex systems issues with multiple influencing factors
- Work closely with the development team on upcoming features to determine correct infrastructure and related tools.
- Assist the support team with escalated customer issues
Education: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Must have Strong understanding on Java J2EE containers, troubleshooting skills and a sense of working within a team taking directions from team leaders and team management.
- Must Have Agile Team experience and experience with Rally or similar tool is a plus.
- Must be proficient with Shell Scripting. Knowledge of Ansible, Terraforms and Puppet is a plus.
-RedHat Cloudform and proficiency with Forman
- Good to have Cloud Experience with AWS, Azure. Google
- Proficent scripting in Puppet
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.