SAIC is seeking a highly motivated Systems Security Engineer. The successful candidate will provide support to the Cybersecurity Integrity Center (CIC) in the Department of State Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM). Duties are in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area (30% in downtown D.C; 70% in Beltsville, MD. The CIC supports cybersecurity monitoring, threat analysis, incident response, and infrastructure remediation within and across all of the State Department’s information technology (IT) infrastructure. The CIC coordinates and collaborates with other State Department bureaus as well as other organizations within the Federal Government, and commercial partners.
This role may offer a temporary hybrid remote schedule due to Covid-19, but could be asked to return full time to the office at the request of the customer.
Description of Duties:
The Senior Systems Security Engineer provides technical leadership, guidance and management oversight for the CIC, especially in the area of Microsoft products and security systems, but also including other enterprise server & desktop operating systems enterprise applications, and in support of over 80,000 customers globally. The Senior Systems Security Engineer/Subject Matter Expert (SME) will:
- Apply sound technical and management principles to identify and remediate cybersecurity --vulnerabilities across the State Department global IT enterprise infrastructure
- Apply organizational and process change principals
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to security and operational personnel
- Evaluate system performance results, lead teams in response to incidents/problems, perform risk assessments, and evaluate performance metrics
- Develop, Identify and resolve security vulnerabilities related to deployment and testing processes
- Streamline and optimize processes and procedures in order to rapidly remediate vulnerabilities from cybersecurity threats
- Collaborate with Department and external cyber stakeholders on cybersecurity technology implementations to meet specific operational needs.
- Perform technical evaluations of recommended vulnerability mitigation actions and make recommendations based on impact and/or other countermeasures.
- Develop strategies for CIC cyber defense technologies, ensuring integration and alignment for continued operation.
- Develop policies and procedures.
- Perform operation and maintenance activities in support of existing CIC cyber tools and technologies (MSV, Qualys, Tenable Nessus and others).
- Identify, diagnose and prioritize anomalies in cyber defense infrastructure and resources.
- Document, request and maintain ports, protocols and services for CIC infrastructure
- Perform cybersecurity testing of developed applications and/or systems. Identify and direct the remediation of technical problems encountered during testing and implementation of new systems.
- Develop reports and dashboards and make tuning request to SIEM system owner(s) in support of enhancing cyber monitoring.
- Perform security reviews and identify security gaps in architecture. Make recommendations based on trend analysis to enhance monitoring and hygiene activities.
- Properly document all systems security implementation, operations, and maintenance activities and update as necessary.
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years or more experience; may accept additional experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems (OS) engineering and support experience focusing on Active Directory (AD), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Understanding of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools (Splunk, McAfee)
- Familiarity with OMB, NIST, DHS, and related security guidelines and directives
- In-depth experience in planning, implementing, and managing large/global enterprise infrastructures
- Familiarity of various analytical tools (Splunk, USBDeview, Netwitness, MimiKatz)
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, and excellent written and oral communications
Desired Education, Skills, & Experience
- Bachelor degree in a computer science/computer engineering related discipline or equivalent years of experience and expertise
- 8+ years Microsoft Operating Systems (OS) engineering and support experience focusing on Active Directory (AD), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
- Server/endpoint OS (Microsoft, Linux, IOS) along with mobile and cloud technologies.
- Cloud application security, Vulnerability Management and Security Information, and Event Management capabilities.
- Knowledge of identity and access management solutions (MFA, PKI, SAML, etc..)
- Countermeasures / mitigations to identified cybersecurity risks.
- Information protection technologies (e.g., firewalls, antivirus, threat protection, servers, routers, and others as appropriate).
- Network systems management principles, models, methods (e.g., end-to-end systems performance monitoring), and tools.
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a top secret clearance.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE, MCSA, MCSD);
- CISSP or CISM
- IAT/IAM/IASAE level III equivalent.
- ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- GIAC Security Expert (GSE)
- SCP Security Certified Network Architect (SCNA)
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Cisco Certified Network Associated (CCNA)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.