SAIC is seeking a Flight Operations Engineer with extensive experience and understanding of spacecraft vehicles, payloads and associated ground systems. Work is performed at IC customer site in Aurora, CO area. TS/SCI clearance with poly is required for start and must be maintained. Target compensation is $135,001-145,000.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership in spacecraft integration, test, launch, and on-orbit operations
- Participate in launch and mission readiness, and anomaly support activities
- Assess and provide recommendations on end to end space systems architecture
- Maintain close communications with the program acquisition office and customer engineering organizations, provide recommendations on risk level of spacecraft activities
- Oversee day to day execution of mission operations and processes to ensure proper attention to health, safety, and effective use of national resources
- Provide program management related support to the government for the effective execution of operations and maintenance contracts
- Draft and coordinate Statements of Work (SOW), Evaluation Criteria, and Requests for Proposal
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelors Degree and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters degree and seven (7) years or more experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) field and nine (9) years or more experience is a contract requirement -*customer waiver may be acquired in some cases
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with CI Poly required to start and must be maintained
- Demonstrated success in providing mission operations services
- Demonstrated success performing project management and systems engineering tasks
- Demonstrated experience providing technical support and assistance planning and managing contracts and budgets
- Knowledge of SIGINT space and ground architecture including mission control and/or mission processing functions
- SIGINT systems engineering background in the space and ground domain, knowledge in customer mission technical capabilities and performance
- Technical familiarity with SIGINT systems’ payloads and subsystems
- Program lifecycle experience from concept development and design to deployment, operations and maintenance, decommission; familiar with related control gates and associated documentation
- Ability to evaluate Concepts of Operations and Operating Instructions
- Demonstrated experience with SOW development
- Experience as Contracting Officer’s Technical Representatives or Contracting Officer or equivilent/like role(s) providing technical and programmatic direction on multiple contracts
- 4 years’ experience in initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and/or closing DoD or Intelligence Community projects or Programs is desired
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.