SAIC is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our team in support of the Air Operations Center Weapons System (AOC WS) Falconer Program. The SME position is located in Honolulu, Hawaii, at the USAF customer site on JBPHH, and reports to the Permanent On-Site Support Engineer (POSSE) Lead.
This position requires technical engineering experience, with a demonstrated understanding and application of systems engineering and configuration management principals and process, mission planning/scheduling along with experience in systems engineering and sustainment of existing baseline. The successful candidate will be effective at face-to-face interaction with customers and other contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups. The candidate must be able to work independently and represent the program and SAIC at meetings and working groups with government and associate contractors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day sustainment & support of the installed Air Operations Center (AOC) baseline
- Support major upgrade projects
- Provide technical expertise and support to assist the AOC Tier 1 HD and AOC sites to mitigate risks when transitioning from one fielded baseline to the next
- Provide assistance to site Network Administrators, System Administrators and other site users to increase their proficiency on the fielded baseline
- Provide support at AOC sites while site personnel progress through program office provided training
- Assist in closing action items noted in the Fielding Summary Memorandum (FSM) and Site Specific Engineering Plan (SSEP)
- Assist site personnel with properly configuring, troubleshooting issues, and migrating to new AOC infrastructure components
- Assist site personnel with capturing site variances to incorporate into the CM process, data migration (as required), application tuning, domain policies, applying security patches, submitting/closing trouble tickets (as required) and configuring the AOC baseline to minimize downtime
- Attend technical exchange meetings, AOC PC engineering and integration meetings, post installation follow-up meetings
- Submit recommended changes to AOC configuration management (CM) personnel
- Provide recommendations on performance and security issues and other items of interest relating to AOC baseline(s)
- Completion of all applicable fielding prerequisites and post install releases (Critical System Updates (CSUs), Fast Tracks (FT), Out Of Cycles (OOC), and Agile Release Events (AREs) by applicable deadlines
- Attend site and SPO fielding meetings, as applicable
- Work with key players to identify achievable site specific objectives
- Track lessons learned and metrics and share with other POSSEs and SPO personnel
- Assist with Verification and Validation Assessments and other SPIO events as required
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Experience and industry certifications will be considered in lieu of education requirements.
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- Current IAT Level 2 Certification (Sec+ or higher)
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Familiarity with DISA STIG compliance
- Experience in mission management or command & control domains
- Knowledge of systems engineering roles and functions, including requirements management, functional analysis, configuration management processes and procedures
- Experience using tools and metrics to manage sustainment activity, including a working understanding and use of Microsoft Project and Integrated Master Scheduling (IMS)
- Experience with NetApp Data OnTap Cluster Mode
- Experience with VMware Virtual Center Server and vSphere
- Experience with Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, SCCM, LDAP, Group Policy Objects, WSUS, and SQL Server
- Experience with ACAS and Nessus
- Experience with HBSS
- Experience with Citrix 7.x to include NetScalers and Thin Clients
- System administration of Windows Server 2012R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris
- Experience with scripting such as PowerShell, BASH, Python, and VB Script
- Administration of computer systems related to domain services, including system startup and shutdown; security and application patch installation; security scanning and remediation; user account, profile, and permission management; system backup and restoration; system service and log management; system auditing; problem report management; performance management; and other IT administration-related services, as directed by the customer
- Identification of any errors or correction needed to system technical diagrams and documentation, including installation, configuration, and operations & maintenance guides, as well as system/application verification and validation instructions
- VCP-DCV certified or 10+ years of commercial/military experience building/configuring/maintaining/upgrading/tuning VMware virtual infrastructures or
- MCSA and/or MCSE certified or 10+ years of commercial/military experience building/configuring/maintaining/upgrading/tuning Microsoft infrastructures or
- NetApp FlexPod Implementation and Administration Specialist or NetApp Certified Data Administrator, ONTAP or 10+ years of commercial/military experience building/configuring/maintaining/upgrading/tuning NetApp infrastructures or
- CCP-N or CCP-V or 10+ years of commercial/military experience building/configuring/maintaining/upgrading/tuning Citrix infrastructures
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.