SAIC is looking for a Junior Oracle DBA to join our team in the Washington D.C. area supporting a federal financial client. This individual will be repsonsible for the following:
- Performs physical database administration (DBA) tasks in Oracle. Also performs basic DBA tasks in SQL Server and DB2 environments as necessary.
- Designs and builds simple to complex database structures from data models.
- Installs, configures and patches Oracle database and fusion middleware.
- Implements HA and DR systems using Oracle Replication, Dataguard and RAC.
- Builds and manages Data Guard Physical/Logical Standby Databases using Data Guard Broker
- Provides rotating 24x7 on-call support for company's Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2 environments as necessary.
- Participates in design reviews as required to ensure database design meets application requirements.
- Designs, maintains, documents and executes database utilities to provide information regarding database activity.
- Proactively performs database monitoring and performance tuning tasks.
- Identify and provide solutions to performance issues in multiple database environments.
- Provides automation to standard DBA tasks. Able to develop scripts on UNIX and Windows platforms as necessary.
- Reviews and enforces adherence to the company's Architecture, as well as database design and usage standards.
- Understands database high availability technologies and guides the company in implementing appropriate solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree from an accredited university.
- Must have solid Oracle high availability and Data Guard experience.
- Azure Infrastructure as a Service , Managing Oracle DB’s in the cloud environment
- 4+ years of extensive experience with Oracle database installation / configuration best practices and Database upgrade/migration approaches.
- 2+ years of experience installing, building, upgrading and supporting Oracle RAC environment, ASM, Grid/Cluster.
- 2+ years of experience with Data Replication - configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Oracle products and patches, including Oracle 12c through 19c Dataguard, Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c through 19c.
- Oracle WebLogic and Fusion Middleware experience 12c and above desired.
- Experience or exposure to data masking desired.
- Experience in Oracle 12c through 19c. based environment - architecture, installation, building, upgrading and maintenance of Oracle replication based environment in production.
- Extensive experience in Oracle Data Guard replication and physical standby for Disaster recovery
- Working experience of Oracle Database Appliance.
- Strong knowledge of OEM Oracle 12c through 19c grid monitoring configuration.
- Strong working experience with RMAN configuration, Job maintenance and backup & recovery
- 4+ years of experience in database/application performance tuning and monitoring tools within Oracle as well as others.
- Experience in database problem identification, problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Experience in building data architecture models and enforcing enterprise architecture standards and guidelines.
- Excellent communication – ability to explain a technical problem to management.
- Ability to work on high performing teams and deliver under pressure situations.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.