SAIC is seeking a Security Cooperation (SC) Assessment Coordinator to work onsite in the Geographic Combatant Command (GCC) headquarters in Hawaii and coordinate with the GCC staff and the Offices of Security Cooperation (OSCs) in U.S. Embassies to plan, schedule, arrange logistics for, and perform assessment activities in nations in the respective AOR and other designated areas, or globally, as needed. SC Assessment Coordinators will assist in developing and using approved metrics to judge operational capacity and capability improvements in foreign security forces as a part of DoD security cooperation programs and will serve as subject matter experts (SMEs) in their fields.
- Bachelor’s degree & 10 years of experience OR Masters degree & 8 years of experience
- Active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to atain a Top Secret clearance
- Direct military experience as a US Armed Forces officer or senior NCO providing and coordinating security assistance and security cooperation programs for partner nations. Specific skills needed:
- Army, Air Force, Marine, or Navy fixed-wing or rotary-wing (helicopter) aviator with experience working with foreign military forces.
- US Navy or US Coast Guard officer or senior NCO familiar with patrol craft and maritime surveillance systems and experience working with foreign maritime forces.
- US Army or Marine infantry or special forces officer or senior NCO with experience working with foreign military forces.
- In-depth knowledge of DoD Title 10 security cooperation programs, State Department Title 22 security assistance programs, and the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) process.
- Minimum five years of project management experience, including requirement gathering, design, implementation, and ongoing program management.
- Experience as a staff officer or action officer at a major DoD headquarters, e.g., OSD, Joint Staff, Combatant Command staff, Defense agency, or Service headquarters.
- Ability to work with US State Department, DoD, and foreign military senior officers and officials in a respectful, professional, and direct manner.
- Professional in conduct and appearance.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to write high quality formal reports that will be provided to senior U.S. military and civilian officials.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Capable of organizing and completing all planning, support, scheduling, and execution activities for overseas travel.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and exhibit a high level of initiative, attention to detail, and accuracy in all work, while tracking multiple tasks.
- Able and willing to travel in locally provided military aircraft, vehicles, and boats for trips to remote bases.
- Able and willing to work in high threat areas.
- Physically fit, specifically able and willing to walk up to two miles over rough terrain, carry 40-pound bags, hike up hills, climb towers, go into confined spaces, examine vessels, vehicles, aircraft, and military facilities in a field environment, and work in extreme hot or cold weather with conditions such as high winds, rain, snow, and high altitude (over 10,000 feet).
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Master's degree and/or diploma from a US military or partner nation Command and Staff College or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience and knowledge of public policy and operations.
- Five years’ experience planning, designing, and implementing assessment, monitoring, and evaluation programs in the security sector.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.