SAIC is seeking an intermediate a Senior Cloud Automation Engineer with experience in code driven development familiar with software development best practices. The candidate should have hands on automation experience with at least one Cloud Service Provider. Bonus if your Cloud Service Provider experience is within one or more of the following CSPs; AWS, GCP, Azure, OCI. In this Cloud Engineer role, you will work with a team supporting individuals from a variety of technical and functional disciplines providing guidance on cloud-based solutions that meet overall business needs, following industry standard best practices with the proper security controls pursuant to the recommended solution.
This is a full-time remote job that can be worked anywhere within the US.
Daily Activities including by not limited to:
- Providing support for existing and ongoing automation efforts to include debugging, troubleshooting and developing solutions real time.
- Automating new cloud based solutions utilizing industry standard best practices and approved tools.
- Engaging with cloud development, deployment, or migration projects to ensure best practices as well as security control enforcement is maintained for all solutions.
- Performing evaluations of new cloud services to understand the capabilities of the services and potential impact to any security controls that may be required and/or recommended for service utilization.
- Infrastructure as code with a code driven development mindset. Capable of ensuring resources, policies, security controls, active configurations and supporting infrastructure follows a code driven development model utilizing standardized and approved tooling.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance on the job
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors with nine (9) or more years of cloud-related experience. Master's with seven (7) or more years of related experience
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code), CaC (Configuration as Code) automation tools; Terraform, Ansible and other industry standard tools
- Demonstrated Team Player; Capable of handling themselves amongst a diverse team yet capable of driving individual goals as a self-managed contributor
- Demonstrated strong and effective Customer Care skills
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communicator to both management and technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to learn new things and grow professionally in order to understand technological impacts to ensure our solutions involving AWS, Azure, GCP, and OCI are utilizing industry best practices following industry security standards
- A development background, familiarity with cloud-based tools, automation, DevSecOps, and full-stack engineering
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and management of priorities and deliverables, plus the ability to work within a team environment are expected
- Heavy collaboration and consulting with numerous business area/business unit representatives, adherence to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct in addition to the ability to work flexible hours are expected
- Experience utilizing and developing continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) Pipelines
- Experience utilizing Terraform, and GitLab CI/CD
- Experience with AWS APIs, AWS SSO, SAML
- Experience with managing multiple production workloads in various cloud environments
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban environment
- Requirements gathering, developing technical specifications, and architecture diagrams
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Professional certifications pursuant to managing one or more Cloud Service Providers: AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI
- SAFe DevOps certifications and/or experience
- 8570 IAT Certifications: CSSP, Security +, etc.
- Cloud migration support and or experience
- Experience working in a MSP or other IT organization providing similar services and or support
- Government Cloud experience including SIPR facility access and/or previous experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.