SAIC is actively seeking a Data Analyst to join our team in support of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense/ Readiness (OASD(R)) customer.
Note: Work is onsite at the Pentagon in Washington D.C. roughly 3 days per week. Position requires an 8 hour duty day / 40 hours weekly including core business hours from 8am - 3pm.
- Work under the deputy for the Director for Financial Readiness in the Force Education & Training (FE&T) office in support of the Personal Financial Counselor (PFC) Program.
- Analyze data received from a distributed workforce supporting PFC using industry standard data analytic tools.
- Understand program requirements and analyze raw data to draw conclusions and make recommendations to Director in the areas of efficiency, utilization, service delivery, and mission alignment.
- Identify trends in resource utilization and areas for process improvement.
- Develop clear and concise project communication briefs.
- Develop Standard operating Procedures (SOP) to assist with programmatic expectations and standards of reporting.
- Assist in monitoring the operation of PFC contract requirements, contractor deliverables, and communications with stakeholders.
- Develop surveys or other feedback methods to communicate with stakeholders.
- Align contractor support to the missions of training, educating and counseling, protecting and communicating Financial Readiness preparedness to service members.
- Draft policy documents related to the financial readiness of Service members and families in a variety of formats, to include memorandums and standard operating procedures.
- Review, research, analyze, and communicate the potential impacts of proposed legislation on DoD policies, programs, and positions related to the financial readiness of Service members and families.
- Coordinate with DoD-wide programs to address financial readiness policy requirements, including military training, banking, morale and welfare programs, suicide prevention, family readiness, and transition assistance.
- Work with other DoD interests and other government and non-governmental interests to provide the most comprehensive financial preparedness opportunities to the Services.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant work experience; Master's and 3 years of relevant work experience.
Required Security Clearance and Citizenship:
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to understand the Financial Readiness mission and work independently to define objectives and make informed recommendations under general direction from management.
- Experience with analyzing raw data, reporting, and recommending process improvements.
- Experience using data analysis tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Cognos, or Excel.
- Basic understanding of the scope of knowledge and basic learning objectives/skills related to the military personal financial management space.
- Familiarity with life and financial needs of service members and their families.
- Knowledge related to unique factors of military life is a plus.
- Represent the organization in direct communication with customers in a long term and stable engagement.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.