Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS Sector has an opening for a Lead Systems Engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) services to an IC customer. The customer organization we support provides the leading edge technical solutions that support current and future national space systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Exercise thought leadership and practical systems engineering application by leveraging extensive Systems Engineering and MBSE experiences to lead the Digital Engineering support provided to the Customer
- Oversee definition and documentation of program level systems engineering policies, procedures, guidance, and best practices regarding use of modeling languages and frameworks in the execution of systems engineering
- Develop an organized repeatable systems engineering approach, that enables architectural elements usage with a model and sharing between model development projects
- Lead program in the development and execution of Model Based Systems Engineering
- Work with enterprise systems engineering and other programs in gathering, documenting, and sharing systems engineering lessons learned throughout the program
- Work across multiple organizations supporting the identification and definition of future space capability needs
- Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, external stakeholders, and development contractors
- Lead and manage personnel charged with the following activities:
- Plan Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) model development in support of systems engineering objectives and program milestones
- Support efforts involving Model Based Systems Engineering tools and procedures
- Generate products using MBSE tools to support reviews and analysis
- Prepare briefings for senior decision makers
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and architecture frameworks such as Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
- Proficient with Digital Engineering tools and procedures
- Working knowledge of systems engineering documentation to include concepts of operations, interface control documents, and verification and test
- Ability to provide technical and programmatic direction on the development, integration, and use of model-based engineering and model-based systems engineering models
- Proficient understanding of fundamental model development and its application to architecture or system design
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams requiring collaboration, open communication, and willingness to work in a pair-programming style collaborative work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with emphasis on MBSE
- Experience in modeling tools (Cameo) and modeling frameworks (UAF, DoDAF, MODAF) and languages (SysML, UML, MOF)
- Prior US military and/or IC customer experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.