Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS has an opening for a system engineering professional versed in modern model-based system engineering (MBSE) techniques in order to aid the customer’s System Program Office (SPO) in appropriately applying digital engineering to their next-generation program. This person will help the SAIC team and the motivated customer chart a new direction.
Tasks to be accomplished at the request of the customer include:
- Lead flow-down of requirements from higher level governing documents
- Support relevant specification development and test planning activities across the enterprise and with development contractors
- Lead coordination and completion of segment specification sell-off, along with other verification and validation activities
- Coordinate across the SPO for any proposed specification changes and facilitate integration of changes into the baseline
- Lead the transition and stand-up of the above specification management activities into an appropriately scoped and purposed MBSE framework
- Leverage a variety of software tools including DOORs and Cameo, and develop scripts to perform analyses and automation of tasks, as well as ingest data from a variety of commercial and custom analysis tools to evaluate development contractor designs and performance
- Develop model queries and supporting documentation to enable SPO use of model results
- Lead SPO preparation and execution of Segment-level design reviews to assess design maturity and compliance utilizing the curated model and model queries
- Plan Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) model development in support of systems engineering objectives and program milestones
- Identify and assess segment-level impacts of new capabilities, including across specification, internal and external interfaces, and facilitate integration into the current program baseline
- Oversee system-level testing of internal and external interfaces to support final system verification, validation, and delivery
- Identify risks to mission closure in the collection segment and evaluate proposed burn-down plans
- Support technical evaluations of contractor proposals
- Liaise with mission analysis and acquisition teams to ensure completeness across the acquisition
- Develop productive relationships with development contractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other spacecraft, payload, and ground subject matter experts
- Advise and mentor customer personnel regarding Segment architecture, specification, and verification and validation
- Other duties as specified by the customer
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Basic understanding of DOD/IC satellite systems and architectures
- Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and architecture frameworks such as the Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
- Experience with describing system architectures within Cameo, DOORs, and/or other requirements and model-based systems engineering (MBSE) tools
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building, and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to be independent and effective in a government/contractor team environment
- Experience in DOD/IC acquisition and program management processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated sustained superior performance
- Available to travel domestically
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with emphasis on MBSE
- Willingness to learn how to code in different languages as required
- Prior software development experience
- Previous experience developing technical specifications for space systems
Amount of Travel Required:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active TS/SCI with CI Poly
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.