JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC Naval Business Unit is seeking a qualified Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Planner / Analyst at Naval Warfare Development Center (NWDC), Norfolk, VA.
The individual in this position will provide subject matter expertise (SME) and Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Planner support to USFF in the accomplishment their mission to train and sustain Maritime Operations Centers (MOCs) command and control capabilities at Major and Numbered Fleets Commands, Naval Component Commands (NCC) and when designated, Joint Force Maritime Component Commands (JFMCC) at the Operational Level of War (OLW).
The ideal candidate must have naval operational experience and knowledge related to the way M&S enables Navy training systems to support the following areas: Operations, Plans, Command and Control (C2) Command Authorities, Fires, Intelligence and Special Access Programs/Special Technical Operations, Integrated Air and Missile Defense/Ballistic Missile Defense, Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO), OLW Logistics, Special Operations Forces/Irregular Warfare, Inter Agency, C2 Systems, Command and Control of Command and Control (C2 of C2) or Assured C2 Process, Strategic Communications, Cyber Operations, Space Operations, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Information Management/Knowledge Management, Personnel, and Assessments.
Additionally, the ideal candidate should have performance-based Operational Level Warfare (OLW) experience, which includes the full spectrum of maritime functional and cross-functional tasks required in the conduct of simulated and real-world events (local, remote, distributed, live, virtual, and constructive; friendly, neutral, and threat maritime forces). These tasks include, but are not limited to: exercise concept development, planning, scheduling, modeling, simulation architecture design, simulation management and operations, intelligence, scenario development, database builds and tests, event response and control cells, assessment, as well as support to development of future maritime domains within the joint training environment.
Specific Functional Area duties will include; but not limited to the following tasks:
- Coordinate with MOC Training Team (TT) on-site government and contractor staff, as required, to accomplish tasks, briefs and point-papers to meet deadlines.
- Coordinate with appropriate MOC TT members to prepare required reports, staff actions, point-papers, talking points, and other staff products in support of the following activities of USFF OLW:
- Assist in the development of the scenario, road to crisis, operational environment and specific storylines that ensure the commander’s training objectives are accomplished.
- Assist government representatives in debrief of OLW exercises in accordance with appropriate measures of effectiveness (MOE) using USFF established Mission Essential Tasks.
- Develop synthetic exercise scenarios in accordance with current naval, joint, and coalition doctrine, Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTP) and forward deployed Numbered Fleet requirements in an OLW environment.
- Support synthetic exercise injects to enable accomplishment of training objectives for synthetic training events and support of live events as required.
- Utilize the Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) tool to track storylines and specific events on a daily basis.
- Provide recommendations for and development of synthetic augmentation (entities, scenario elements, simulator operators, etc.) to live training exercises.
- Develop exercise documents to include manning documents, messages and orders to include but not limited to Operation Orders (OPORD), exercise directives and exercise game books.
- Provide for the execution of synthetic war-gaming software for OLW synthetic events/exercises as required.
- Provide the government lead with appropriate lessons learned from synthetic training exercises and ensure relevant changes are incorporated in future exercises
- Provide expertise and support on applicable tactical and operational-level joint, coalition and service doctrine.
- Support the development of training collection plans to aid in the preparation of daily summary reports.
- Support development of operational integration of the scenario, MSEL, distributed simulation systems, networks, Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems, and related infrastructure and interfaces used to support synthetic training events.
- Provide advice related to aspects of operational integration of required exercise elements to meet the event objectives in support of Combatant Command (CCMD), and Navy Fleet level training events.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- U.S. citizen with an active Secret Clearance with ability to obtain TS
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree and (5) five years of experience with Naval Operations.
- 4 Additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- At least five years of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) experience in operational-level exercises/Fleet Synthetic Training or service equivalent exercises.
- Experience with Navy Training Baseline (NTB) simulation suite.
- Ability to meet medical screening qualifications to embark on U.S. Navy, USNS or host nation ships when required to get underway for periods in excess of 24 hours.
- Joint M&S model experience, specifically five years of experience in DoD Joint Live Virtual and Constructive (JLVC) modeling and simulation, and have previous experience with Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF) and/or other simulation models such as Joint Theater Level Simulation (JTLS); Joint Conflict and Tactical Simulation (JCATS); Joint Low Overhead Driver (JLOD); Joint Defense Logistics Model (JDLM); Air Warfare Simulation (AWSIM); Air and Space Collaborative Environment Information Operations Suite (ACE-IOS); Low Overhead Training System (LOTS); MAGTF Tactical Warfare Simulation (MTWS); Theater Battle Management Core Systems (TBMCS ); or War Simulation (WARSIM).
- Recent experience in joint and naval exercises, war-gaming, and exercise/event planning.
- Experience using the Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF) modeling and simulation program.
- Experience using the Joint Theater Level Simulation - Global Operations (JTLS-GO) interactive, internet-enabled simulation model.
- Three years’ experience in naval strike and air warfare training or large scale fleet exercise and training support
- GCCS-J/C4I and or Multiple Tactical Data Link experience (Link-11, Link-16, etc.)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.