SAIC, a leading provider of systems development and deployment, targeting and intelligence analysis, systems engineering and integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community (IC), is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives, while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
SAIC’s National Intelligence Community (NIC) Business Unit, USG Mission and Information Technology Division, is seeking a Systems Engineer who will perform biometric system management functions, including system setup, installation, monitoring, or adding applications.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Note that years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Five (5) years or more of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following system engineering activities:
- Performing biometric system management functions including system set up, installation, monitoring, and adding applications
- Utilizing biometric standards published by organizations, including National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Facial Identification Scientific Working Group (FISWG), and Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC)
- Utilizing Forensic standards published by organizations, including, NIST, ISO, FISWG, OSAC, and International Association for Identification (IAI)
- Creating and assessing accuracy assessments for all modalities and being able to translate outputs into an operational context
- Understanding the technical aspects of biometrics solutions with the purpose of being able to translate those capabilities into solving business and/or mission problems
- Providing knowledge of biometrics such as face, friction ridge, and iris, biometric software and technologies, and the ability to evaluate how to integrate biometric technologies in a cloud environment
- Utilizing biometric systems such as IDEMIA’s MBSS and Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS)
- Utilizing the security accreditation process
- Demonstrated experience integrating new technologies and innovative processes or methodologies into a secure environment
- Demonstrated experience using Vue.js, Tailwind CSS, and Headless UI
- Demonstrated experience understanding the end-to-end system concept of operations, application features and capabilities, and user’s usage patterns
- Demonstrated experience integrating accessibility standards into modern web methods
- Demonstrated experience connecting multiple data sources across multiple domains and boundaries
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.