SAIC in support of our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer focused on requirements development and management activities across the Space Sensing Enterprise. Candidate will provide SE&I support to MW (Missile Warning) and EM (Environmental Monitoring) programs, including space and ground systems in support of the Space Systems Command Space Sensing Directorate (SSC/SN). Candidate will support requirements development and management activities to include requirements analysis, allocations, traceability analysis, change impact analysis, technical baseline development, and requirement verification planning. Candidate should have experience with space and ground systems (especially at SSC), system acquisition, and systems engineering lifecycle. This position is located in El Segundo, California.
Major duties of the position include:
Ensuring effective requirements development and allocation across enterprise, space and ground segments
Developing the technical baseline, including system specification, interface requirement, and Verification method definition
Interacting with the prime contractor and government leads to ensure that all system requirements and interfaces are consistent and valid across the SSC/SN Enterprise
Maintaining and managing multiple system requirements, and integrated Enterprise baselines following CM/DM processes
Developing, documenting, executing, integrating and evolving systems engineering processes as required to enable effective SSC/SN systems engineering and integration efforts
Assessing proposed baseline changes for impacts to requirements and verification.
Integrating activities over the lifecycle of systems within the Enterprise including pre-contractual, development and production, as well as operations and sustainment
Supporting the customer with verification tracking to ensure the developer and source requirements are adequately verified
Developing acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SSC/SN decision making
Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Space Force
- Baccalaureate degree in an engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent technical discipline and fourteen (14) years of systems integration and systems engineering related or equivalent experience or Master’s degree in an engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent technical discipline and twelve (12) years of systems integration and systems engineering related or equivalent experience
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Experience in working with Requirement Management and Model Based Systems Engineering tools and requirements databases
- Strong understanding of fundamental requirements development and management processes
- Demonstrated experience working with U.S. Space Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with Space systems (especially at SSC), Weather systems, OPIR systems, and ground and space system acquisition
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment
- Possesses understanding of DOORS capabilities, DXL, and potential implementations
- Master’s Degree
- Direct experience with DoD and/or NRO Space and Ground systems
- Direct experience with SBIRS and/or Next Generation OPIR System
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.