Job ID: 2215211
Location: OMAHA, NE, United States
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2023
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a mid-level Software Engineer who will design, develop, and maintain software systems from science to operations within an empowered, cross-functional team for the Air Force weather community on the Technology Application Development & Sustainment (TADS) contract. We are looking for someone who is passionate about craftsmanship, teamwork, and delivering user capability.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience or 13 years of experience in lieu of degree
Experience with programming languages such as Java, React, Python, C++, FORTRAN
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, Theory of Constraints)
• Experience with configuration management tools (Git, Mercurial, ...)
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery concepts and enabling tools such as Jenkins, Maven, and Ansible
• Familiarity with service based standards such as REST and Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Web Services (OWS)
• Testing tools (e.g. Junit, Selenium, jMeter)
• Code quality tools (e.g. Sonar, Cast)
• Static scanning (e.g. Fortify)
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
• CompTIA Security+, Network+, CSSLP, or equivalent
• Active Secret Clearance
• Familiarity with 557th Weather Wing
• Familiarity with meteorological data formats like METAR, GriB, GriB2, and NetCDF
• Knowledge of scientific software development techniques, preferably for environmental datasets
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.