SAIC’s National Security Group currently has a contingency full-time position for a Subject Matter Expert Level II to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM), Fort Meade, Maryland.
Responsibilities may include:
- Serves as SME, possessing in-depth knowledge on subjects relating to the conduct, activities, governance, business practices, or operation of USCYBERCOM
- Provides extensive technical knowledge and analysis of exceptionally complex problems that need extensive knowledge of the subject matter for effective development and implementation of solutions
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems
- Works independently without supervision
- Possesses understanding and has wide experience in the application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the required technical field, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines
- Guides the completion of specific programs and projects relating to the subject matter
- With no direction, provides expert support, analysis, and research into exceptionally complex problems and processes relating to the subject matter
- Serves as a technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives
- Thinks independently and demonstrates exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
- Independently develops technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role
- Provide the J3 and Command leadership with readiness SITREPs, Defense Readiness Reporting System (DRRS) reports, and status reports of workforce resource availability.
- Prepare critical readiness inputs to the Joint Quarterly Readiness Review (JQRR), Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC), and the Command’s Joint Mission Essential Task List (JMETL) located in the DRRS.
- Prepare and submit JMET assessments to the J3 and ensure current readiness and training conditions are updated within the DRRS and Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS).
- Review and provide recommendations in support of the J3’s Strategic Plans for capabilities and Concepts of Operations (CONOPs) to be assessed during future exercises.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the identified area of expertise
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline in the area of expertise from an accredited college or university
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.