Job ID: 2215048
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 7, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for an Electrical Power Systems (EPS) Engineer to support a satellite development program in Chantilly, VA. This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph.
In this role you will support the bus electronics manufacturing, assembly, integration and test activities for a satellite program. This will include direct support for the unit delivery of bus electronics units (manufacturing and testing oversight, verification and validation, and sell-off) and subsequent assembly, integration and test of the EPS units onto the satellite.
Job Responsibilities will include:
· Assist the EPS Government lead with the Bus Electronics final unit testing, sell-off and delivery prior to spacecraft integration and test
· Assist with EPS unit test data reviews and collection and trending of key performance parameters
· Support the End Item Data Package review for each unit sell-off event, identifying issues from these review
· Review unit and EPS subsystem test plans/procedures, test results and test reports for completeness and accuracy, including compliance to approved plans
· Assist with the planning and oversight of key EPS assembly, integration and test activities at the prime contractor facility
· Assess electrical power subsystem performance using command and telemetry data gathered during satellite test activities
· Develop productive relationships with Prime/Subcontractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other subject matter experts
· Track development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events and provide weekly status updates, oral and in writing to the customer
· Author, review, and coordinate technical documents
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
· Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with CI polygraph
· BS in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline with 5+ years of experience
· Professional experience with development, integration, and test of EPS for large satellites
· Proficient at program/project management within the customer organization
· Available to travel domestically approximately one week per month
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.