SAIC is seeking an Integration and Testing Senior IT Systems Administrator on the OMES II contract in support of the OSAM-1 program in NASA’s Exploration and In-Space Services (NExIS) projects division at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. This position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The OSAM-1 mission is a Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) NExIS managed mission. OSAM-1 is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the OSAM-1 Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services. NExIS is responsible for the design, engineering, development, test and operations of the OSAM-1 Mission through an integrated team at GSFC. The Servicing Payload design, development and RSV integration will be conducted at GSFC.
The Systems Administrator will provide IT support and team management for the OSAM-1 Integration and Test (I&T) subsystem. The OSAM-1 I&T subsystem performs the integration and test of all OSAM-1 hardware including the servicing payload and spacecraft bus.
Job duties include:
- Support the integration and test of all OSAM-1 hardware systems
- Support the development of the OSAM-1 I&T IT infrastructure
- Assist OSAM-1 I&T management in managing and directing the I&T IT team
- Work with the OSAM-1 ground element IT infrastructure engineers to establish infrastructure that meets the needs of both sides of the OSAM-1 program
- Perform senior-level Windows, Mac, and/or Linux/Unix system administration including troubleshooting, fault isolation, system tuning, software installation, and maintenance
- Identify and implement system and process-level improvements including providing recommendations to purchase and then implementing hardware and software solutions
- Develop and implement strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software
- Design and development of innovative solutions that are reliable, scalable and configurable
- Patch, upgrade, and configure software and operating systems to comply with GSFC IT security policies
- Port software between different platforms and operating systems
- Install application software and computer hardware
- Diagnose and resolve computer and networking issues for local and remote users
- Execute and manage system backups
- Automate routine administration processes to improve efficiency
- Maintain the operational environments once they have been established
- Interact with GSFC network personnel to resolve problems related to DNS, routing, firewalls, and planned outages
- May be required to participate in an on-call rotation providing off-hours support
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in computer science or closely related field with nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Relevant experience and familiarization with system architecture and organizational structures
- Proficiency with operating systems across various platforms and versions (RHEL and Ubuntu Linux, OS X/macOS, and Windows) and familiarization with interoperability methodologies
- Knowledge of various networking technologies, hardware, and software
- The ability to plan and coordinate implementations across multiple locations and/or interconnections with other network environments
- Knowledge of Federal information security guidance
- Knowledge of and work consistent with industry best practices in accordance with government regulations
- Understanding of DNS, firewalls, and TCP/IP network administration
- Experience maintaining network backups and logs of multiple systems
- RAID configuration and troubleshooting
- Basic computer hardware maintenance (e.g. drives and fan replacement)
- Experience with enterprise virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Ability to assess complex problems and propose practical solutions
- Ability to grasp a wide range of unique skills, and be able to think and respond quickly to real-time problems as they arise
- Strong multi-tasking skills to effectively meet task objectives
- Strong ability to collaborate and interact with SSPD/OSAM-1 team members
- Network experience (Juniper preferred)
- *nix experience (RHEL and/or Ubuntu Preferred)
- VMware experience
- Experience with PIV / Smart Card authentication
- Experience with basic manipulation of public/private keys
- Knowledge of continuous integration (CI) services, software configuration management (CM), and bug/issue tracking systems
- Knowledge of software version control systems and services
- Experience with system and application-level containerization technologies
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.