Job ID: 2214947
Location: DAHLGREN, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 27, 2022
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Spec
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a CyberSecurity Specialist to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Department with Advanced Ship and Combat System Integration Engineering.
Work will be performed in Dahlgren, VA and will allow for some telework from the local area.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in early 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• In support of direct tasking, designs, test, and implement secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, management of IT security systems.
• Conduct risk and vulnerability assessment of the network, associated systems and applications.
• Supports threat modeling exercises.
• Develops and implements security controls and formulates operational risk mitigations along with assisting in security awareness programs.
• Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies.
• Develops processes/procedures to mitigate and remediate vulnerabilities.
• Assists in the implementation of the required government policies.
• Supports the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and preparation of required reports.
Education and experience:
• Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; four (4) additional years of experience may be applied in lieu of a degree.
• Experience with Host Based Security System (HBSS), and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) tools.
• IAT Level II certification required, such as COMP TIA Security+.
• Must have an Interim Secret clearance (or higher).
• Experience with Authority to Operate (ATO) accreditations is a plus
• Experience with Systems Test and Evaluation is a plus
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.