Job ID: 2214341
Location: DAHLGREN, VA, United States
Date Posted: May 13, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Principal Systems Certification Engineer to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Department with Advanced Ship and Combat System Integration Engineering.
Work will be performed in Dahlgren, VA and will allow for some telework from the local area.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in Fall 2023.
Job Summary: The successful candidate must be familiar with combat systems operation and performance specifications and will apply systems analysis and operational procedures to complex operational systems in a broad area such as requirements development, engineering, interface design, systems operations, and interoperability. Position requires competence in operational techniques and familiarity with management practices. Good interpersonal and communications required! Applicant will be working closely with persons from many Branches and Disciplines and will be required to make his findings clear to all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in formulating requirements; advise on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised systems; identify omissions and errors in requirements.
• Assist in the development of system design for approved projects. Interpret information and informally arbitrate between system users when conflicts exist.
• Provide engineering assessments of integrating new or revised components into existing combat systems baselines using standard analysis tools for compliance and/or deviation from published specifications.
• Review existing or planned integration test initiatives and determine if the current plans can satisfy operational requirements, provide an assessment of the deltas (differences), the risks associated with the deltas, and recommend a path for resolution.
• Conduct research in a field or specialization of a scientific or operational discipline to discover facts or perform research directed toward investigation, evaluation, and application of known scientific, mathematical, or operational theories and principles.
• Evaluate and develop new concepts, or processes.
• Prepare or review technical reports for use by engineering, operational, or management personnel for long and short range planning or for use by personnel in technical services activities.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.