The position will support the Organizational and Management Policy Directorate within the Office of the Director of Administration and Management/Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) with a portfolio of major Departmental activities to include assisting with tracking, supporting, and/or assessing strategic initiatives/documents, senior leader decision making bodies, implementation of organizational adjustments, and institutionalization of management reforms. The work will be primarily on-site in the Pentagon, with limited options to telework.
- Providing strategic analysis and integration of top DoD priorities across governance forums, including the Secretary of Defense Large Group, Deputy’s Management Action Group (DMAG), Deputy’s Workforce Council (DWC), and the Climate Working Group (CWG) among others.
- This includes facilitating, promoting, and integrating required analytical support, as appropriate; interacting and building relationships with various DoD Components to gather information on status of strategic initiatives; compiling and analyzing data; authoring technical papers; supporting briefings and task development; and preparing reports for senior leadership.
- Assisting with preparing briefing material for senior leadership decision making on organizational issues and office initiatives/proposals.
- Conducting ad-hoc research and analyzing mission-related issues.
- Interacting and building relationships with various DoD Components to gather information on status of strategic initiatives; compiling and analyzing data; and support to briefings and task development.
- Developing and leveraging tools to generate tailored reports to support senior leader oversight and management of key governance initiatives.
- Producing visual tools, products, and/or other physical and electronic instruments for effectively supporting, across the DOD enterprise, the sequencing, alignment and/or integration of multiple senior leader forums and other decision-making processes.
- Utilizing, configuring, and maintaining knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and forums.
- Rapidly synthesizing complex information for senior leader decision making.
- BA/BS in Political Science, National Security Affairs, International Relations, International Economics, or a related field, and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience.
- Expertise and capabilities in data analytics, metric development and comparison, and other data-based capabilities for use in the effective management of a complex organization with multiple lines of functional activities. Ability to turn complex information into succinct information for senior leader decision-making and policy development.
- This position requires experience with the Department of Defense, including within the supporting tier of of the officials directly supporting the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense. The position requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
- Comfort with communicating clearly with senior officials and senior staff.
- Familiarity with Service- and/or OSD-level strategy, policy, governance or resource allocation processes as a result of previous government, military and/or private sector assignments.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Commitment to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications.
- Background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including the use of MS SharePoint and DoD Intelink.
Interim Secret or higher.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.