SAIC is currently seeking a FPGA Design Engineer to support our NASA customer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The successful candidate will architect, design, implement, and test advanced digital systems for FPGA designs
- Candidate will lead FPGA designs through full life cycle from initial concept to burn review
- Candidate will be responsible for presenting in design reviews and quarterly management reviews
This position is 100% remote.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, or related field and 10+ years of related experience. 4 years' experience can be accepted in lieu of degree.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strong experience architecting, designing, implementing, and testing advanced digital systems
- Demonstrated experience leading teams, presenting in design reviews and quarterly management reviews
- Experience crafting FPGAs and embedded processors designs
- Outstanding leader able to build consensus
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Must be able to skillfully handle fast pace and dynamic product development environment
Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- Success infusing new design/verification technologies and methodologies
- Experience with using design tools such as: Synplify Pro/Premier, Xilinx Vivado, Microsemi Libero SoC, and Mentor Graphics Questa design suite
- Experience designing with radiation tolerant Xilinx and Microsemi FPGAs
- Experience in bus standards protocol such as: SpaceWire, PCI, MILSTD-1553, and Ethernet
- Embedded Software knowledge and experience
- Experience with VHDL or VERILOG
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with SpaceSystem Interfaces such as, SpaceWire, MIL-STD-1553, PCI Local Bus
- Experience with Memory Controllers such as, DDR2, SDRAM, MRAM
- Experience with AMBA Bus (APB, AHB, AXI)
- Experience with Vision Processing techniques such as: Image-normalization, 2D-FFT, feature selection, Homography, Radial Distortion Correction, and Image Spatial Correlation
- Advanced understanding of computing system architectures
- Advance understanding of Microcontrollers
- Strong knowledge of Microcontroller design and development technologies such as: Resolver angle tracker, Half angle tracker, Space Vector PWM, Three-Phase PWM, Clarke-Park Transform, PI Current Controller, CORDIC, Brushless DC Motors (BLDC)
- Understanding of Avionic system designs
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.