Job ID: 2214499
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Project Engineer to provide project engineering support to assist the Government Program Office Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) in planning, developing, and monitoring engineering development and procurement contracts. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly and is located in Chantilly, Virginia.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Provides support to the COTR in providing oversight of Contractor’s program execution. Monitor performance requirements and compliance with contract technical requirements.
- Develop product technical requirements and prepare System Requirements Specifications/ Technical Requirements Documents for procurement acquisitions.
o Prepare program requirements related documentation such as Use Cases, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), System Interface Documents
- Review contractor technical design documentation and data deliverables. Provide feedback to the COTR on documentation. Documentation includes:
o Proposed architecture and design
o Requirements functional analysis and allocation results
o Test Program, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports
o Systems Engineering Master Plan (SEMP)
o System/Subsystem Specifications (Hardware and Software)
o Hardware/Software Build Plan
o Integrated Master Schedules
- Knowledge of systems engineering policies, specifications, and standards. Provide recommendation of specifications and standards to be placed as program compliance/reference documents in contract.
- Prepare Statements of Work and other acquisition related documents
- Serve as advisor for technical evaluation of Contractor proposals.
- Participate as part of Government Program Office Team reviewing and participating in Contractor formal design reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, TRR).
- Witness Contractor conducted testing based upon technical expertise.
- Conduct risk and opportunity management analysis.
- Ability to independently work through all stages of tasking.
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- BS in engineering or technical field.
- Must have TS/SCI with Poly clearance.
- Experience with ground terminals/antennas and associated site facility infrastructure, or other space/ground (satellite communications/SATCOM) systems
Bachelors and (9) years or more experience; Masters and (7) years or more experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.