Senior Guidance, Navigation and Control Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 2214466
Location: HILL AFB, UT, United States
Date Posted: Oct 17, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Guidance, Navigation, Control
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Guidance, Navigation, & Controls (GN&C) Engineer to join our team of ICBM weapon system analysts at Hill Air Force Base, Utah.
Commit your talents to the critical Department of Defense (DoD) mission of nuclear deterrence by helping sustain and improve the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) leg of the United States Nuclear Triad.
- Review and validate contractor missile six degree-of-freedom (6-DOF) simulation and error models
- Develop, implement, and maintain missile 6-DOF simulation and error models based on designs, ground test results, flight test results, and missile subsystem simulations
- Develop, implement, and maintain missile 6-DOF simulator guidance, navigation, and control (GN&C) emulation by coupling contractor flight software source code to missile 6-DOF simulator source code
- Perform missile 6-DOF simulations to assess missile GN&C performance under nominal, stressed, and Monte Carlo flight conditions - Perform GN&C covariance analyses to estimate performance of missile GN&C subsystem - Perform studies to estimate missile weapon system performance as a result of changes to error models
- Prepare presentations, reports, and other contract deliverables related to analyses performed
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s in aeronautics/astronautics, mechanical engineering, computer science, physics, or a related discipline with 7+ years' of relevant experience, Masters with 4+ years experience
- Proficiency with one or more of the following scientific computing languages: MATLAB, FORTRAN, C++, Python (preference given for multiple languages)
- Experience with one or more of the following: missile and/or aircraft dynamics, missile and/or aircraft GN&C, feedback control theory, estimation theory, inertial navigation, Global Positioning System (GPS) (preference given for multiple skills)
- MS or PhD in aeronautics/astronautics, mechanical engineering, computer science, physics, or a related discipline
- Strong background in computer science, to include object-oriented programming, compilers, and shell scripting in a Linux environment
- Experience with design validation and/or verification of missile and/or aircraft GN&C systems through 6-DOF simulation and/or covariance analyses
- Experience in giving presentations and interfacing with USAF customers
- Experience with ICBM weapon systems
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.