SAIC has an opening for a Senior Engineer to provide engineering and technical advisory services within a lab environment supporting an operations entity.
- Act as a bridge and communicate complex technical activities across junior engineers and senior leadership.
- Develop enterprise architecture and technology development roadmaps.
- Collect, coordinate, fuse responses, develop input and submit to the government for final approval responses to actions and taskers, sometimes on short notice.
- Provide technical review and assessment of program development and readiness activities.
- Coordinate recommendations with government stakeholders and support regular program status reviews.
- Establish and maintain close effective coordination with other site Division leadership and industry partners.
- Review, document, track and communicate project progress to senior government leadership and industry partners.
- Develop documents and briefings to communicate activity status that informs government and industry partners.
- Support transition of tools into operational environments.
- Produce technical documents, reports and presentations for customers, sometimes on short notice.
- Responsible for system engineering and technical execution of projects that cover hardware/software system development, test and final integration on customer platforms.
- Provide end to end system engineering for the entire life cycle of a program.
- Help develop standards, tools, and procedures for use on projects including but not limited to issue risk, change and information management.
- Analyze and provide recommendations to multiple government customers, providing key information, possible risks and impacts and potential improvements to government managers and other points of contact.
- Review documentation, represent government as required in forums that support streamlined delivery of new capabilities and standardization of integration efforts.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) field or relevant field is contractually required and nine (9) or more years experience
- Experienced, innovative, and highly motivated Senior Systems Engineer specializing in Research and Development (R&D) analysis, testing, tailored planning, and execution.
- Proven ability to communicate across all levels of government to transition R&D activities to an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated competence and skill to provide exceptional R&D technical expertise, continuity of knowledge, and high confidence value-added guidance and judgment to advise all levels of government management from local engineer through senior leadership at site.
- Strong technical leadership in evaluating and recommending courses of action on activities impacting data collection, processing and dissemination, testing, and infrastructure systems engineering.
- Highly skilled at migrating new capabilities into an enterprise environment while ensuring approaches maintain operational effectiveness of legacy systems.
- Must be proactive in supporting and coordinating with senior government leadership
- Extensive R&D, Information Technology, C2S, operational and systems engineering experience.
- Project management experience with delivered systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Extensive recent familiarity with NRO missions and organizations preferred.
- Articulate verbal and written communicator; confident in presenting and explaining recommendations and analyses to all levels of seniority.
- Ability to operate effectively with contractor, SETA, FFRDC, and Government teammates.
- Working knowledge of Information Technology Service Management (ITSM).
- Expert user in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Project).
- Familiarity/experience with Confluence
- NRO experience is a plus.
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI with current Polygraph
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.