SAIC is seeking a recent or upcoming Computer Science Tennessee Tech University graduate to join our team. This is your opportunity to begin your career learning and developing an invaluable skillset in the technology industry, while providing meaningful contributions to our DoD customers. You must be a hard-working, sharp individual with a passion for development, a positive attitude, and an intense desire to learn. This is a full-time remote job that can be worked anywhere within the US.
As a Developer, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, code, test, debug, document and install programs
- Prepare program specifications and diagrams, and develops logic flowcharts
- Develop programs in languages, Tools and Databases such as Java, Java Script, PHP, SQL Server Understand business, technical, and program requirements
- Assist in the creation and general system design and technical specifications for new/replacement systems, taking into consideration computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results
- Apply coding and analytical skills in all phases of the system life cycle
- Supply time estimates related to programming efforts
- Develop application program logic from customer-defined specifications
- Test, debug, support and maintain application programs for customers in a variety of business areas and environments Perform additional duties as required
*Recent grads & soon-to-be grads in Computer Science are highly encouraged to apply!
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have a minimum interim Secret clearance prior to start date with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance on the job
- Must obtain the Security+ certification within a month from hire date
- Recently graduated within the last year, with strong academic standing; coursework around software development, computer networks, and database systems preferred
- Less than two (2) years of applicable professional experience
- Knowledge of and experienced in one or more programming languages: Java, Java Script, PHP, SQL Server
- Knowledge of software design and implementation
- Experience with any cloud service offerings is a plus: AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle
Target salary range: $65,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.