SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support an OPIR Joint customer Program Office. This office is responsible for acquiring the Overhead Persistence GEOINT Architecture (OPGA) that will provide the user community with OPIR capabilities in a modular, open architecture that provides global, persistent, real-time surveillance and activity based intelligence information. This position supports a hybrid-Agile process with the Government as the overall integrator in a Cloud Environment.
The successful applicant will provide SETA support as a Senior Systems Engineer for a range of system engineering efforts with varying degrees of required technical expertise, continuity of effort and value-added judgment to advise and assist the customer’s leadership and contract teams.
This position is located in Chantilly, VA and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
SPECIFIC TASKING/PROJECT SUPPORT:
- Coordinate, participate and make recommendations in acquisition milestone events including but not limited to:
- Requirements Reviews
- Design and Milestone Reviews
- Test Readiness Planning/Reviews (Requirements Verification Matrix (RVM) Discussions, Factory Testing, Pre-Ship and Operational Readiness
- Program Management Reviews
- Provides Acquisition Systems User Access Services (ASU) and CM support for Request for Change (RFC) reviews and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs); submitting recommendations including impacts to programs
- Evaluates system requirements, capability deployment and operations integration through review of design and programmatic documentation and milestone and readiness reviews to manage cost, schedule and performance
- Coordinates, participates and makes recommendations in system engineering and technical exchange meetings (TEMs) between program contractors and enterprise elements and provides technical input to program briefings and other documents as needed
- Reviews and provides technical assessment of Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) for new acquisition scope
- Coordinates with Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) submissions providing senior leadership oversight into proposed changes to the enterprise baseline
- Reviews, tracks and reports status of integrations efforts with GPOCs
- Develop/Review acquisition plans and documentation
- Develop/Review service level and/or level of effort agreements
- Perform systems engineering functions to include requirements management, systems testing (validation and verification), systems analysis, configuration management, quality assurance, risk management, and stakeholder management
- Develop clear, consistent, testable acceptance criteria and requirements, and ensuring proper traceability between different levels of requirements and architecture
- Execute end-to-end processes and preparing and coordinating required documentation
- Define and document interfaces, system specs and capability requirements
- Serves as team Scrum Master utilizing JIRA for Increment Planning events and Sprints
- Monitors and guides contractor software developed under the Agile methodology by participating in all planning/retrospective discussions (i.e. Release, Sprints)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience * Exerience may be considered in lieu of education
- Must be a US Citizen with active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Broad understanding of space and/or ground systems, hardware, software, operations, and their interdependence
- Working knowledge of IC principles, procedures
- Working knowledge of AGILE Scrum and SAFe software development methods
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and various SE, PM tools
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
**May require overnight travel up to 3 percent of the work year
- IR Common Systems and Data Components to include OPIR phenomenology, characteristics, designs, commanding systems, and data processing architectures.
- Current and known future sensors include: Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) GEO, Defense Support Program (DSP), and awareness of Next Gen GEO, Next Gen Polar, space Defense Agency/Missile Defense Agency Hypersonic and Ballistic Tracking Space Sensor (HBTSS)
- SAFe Agilist certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.