SAIC has an opportunity for TS/SCI cleared Systems Engineer Principal supporting United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) at Fort Gordon, GA. The successful applicant will provide assessment and approval (A&A) support for various INSCOM G7/Modernization Branch Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) IT systems and assist with overall Cybersecurity programs.
Candidate will need to travel 10% of the time to Georgia, Germany, Italy, Korea, and Hawaii.
Job Profile Summary:
- Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Monitor, evaluate, and maintain systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems, network, databases, and Web-based security
- Monitors and analyzes Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Evaluates firewall change requests and assesses organizational risk
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications, and operating systems
- Assists with implementation of countermeasures or mitigating controls
- Conducts regular audits to ensure that systems are operated securely, and information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans
- Develops, tests, and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise antivirus systems and software deployment tools
- Safeguards the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction, or disclosure
- Researches, evaluates, tests, and implements new security software or devices
- Conducts investigations of information systems security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management
- Implements, enforces, communicates, and develops security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and information systems security education/awareness programs
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance
- Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information
- Provides information assurance project management, technical security staff oversight, and development of mission-critical technical documents
- Ensure compliance with regulations and privacy laws
- Develops materials for computer security education/awareness programs
- Responds to queries and requests for computer security information and reports
- Provides recommendations to clients on information assurance engineering standards, implementation dependencies, and changing information assurance related technologies
- May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals
Required Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and nine (9) years of work experience; Masters and four (4) years of experience. Additional years of experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Information Assurance Management Level III Certification (DOD 8570) (CISSP)
- Experience with Cybersecurity, with demonstrated experience with program support based on NIST Special Publication 800-37, and NIST 800-53 (Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems)
- Experience conducting system accreditation of classified DoD systems
- Experience with software tools eMASS, XACTA IA Manager, Assured Compliance Assessment Solutions (ACAS) Security Center, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC), DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Demonstrated strong organizational and creative problem solving skills
Required Security Clearance:
- Active TS/SCI with ability to obtain TS/SCI CI Poly
- ICD 503 Training
- Risk Management Framework Training
- eMASS Training
- HBSS Training
- Experience with US Army ISR programs and systems
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.